VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

jhilly

Question

can anyone tell me what the following diagnosis means;

Axis I: PTSD, Depression NOS

Axis II: deferred

Axis III: see problem list above

Axis IV: combat exposure, chronic pain, inadequate coping skills

Axis V: current GAF = 52

I've been trying to read the threads to see if I can figure it out but I can't. I would be grateful to any help available.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

vperl - can't be 80%, as PTSD is only rated 10%, 30%, 50%, 70% OR 100%. Also the "examiner" doesn't do the rating but you're correct otherwise.

pr

PLEASE UNDERSTAND i AM NOT PERFECT, i WAS THROWING OUT NUMBERS TO SHOW THAT gaf SOMETIMES MEANS DIFFERENT THINGS TO NOT ONLY THE PERSON THAT EXAMS THE vET

AND ALSO thE RATING OFFICERS HAVE DIFFERENT IDEAS WHAT A gaf OF ANY NUMBER MEANS,,,, gaf IS A GUIDELINE A 40 BY ONE IS A 50 gaf TO ANOTHER....

BUT i COULD BE WRONG... i AHVE SEEN A gaf 0F 50 GET A 70% AND A gaf OF 40 GET 50% DISABILITY..

AGAIN GOOD LUCK

• HadIt.com Elder

vperl - please understand, this was not meant as a personal attack, on you, but just two minor corrections. I am not perfect either and appreciate when I am corrected, as I only wish for correct info to be posted. As for the 50 GAF producing a 70% rating, I'm fairly certain some can be found in researching BVA decisions. I know at one time, in my appeal, I was rated 70%, w/a GAF of 50, so it can be done. I'm sorry you haven't seen one. Again, this wasn't personal and I certainly appreciate your posts, as I'm sure many of us do!!

pr

PLEASE UNDERSTAND i AM NOT PERFECT, i WAS THROWING OUT NUMBERS TO SHOW THAT gaf SOMETIMES MEANS DIFFERENT THINGS TO NOT ONLY THE PERSON THAT EXAMS THE vET

AND ALSO thE RATING OFFICERS HAVE DIFFERENT IDEAS WHAT A gaf OF ANY NUMBER MEANS,,,, gaf IS A GUIDELINE A 40 BY ONE IS A 50 gaf TO ANOTHER....

BUT i COULD BE WRONG... i AHVE SEEN A gaf 0F 50 GET A 70% AND A gaf OF 40 GET 50% DISABILITY..

AGAIN GOOD LUCK

Edited by Philip Rogers

• HadIt.com Elder

There is much more to a rating than GAF. In the 90's the VA did not even do them.

Gman. Great post concerning "ptsdhelp2000". **Contained within is excellent information written/compiled by "Patience H.C. Mason". I downloaded quite a lot of information on PTSD. I suffer some very painful ortho problems which I am s/c for. In addition, depression (and even more confusing--PTSD)not yet filed for. I believe VARO will only grant one (mental) condition as s/c. I don't know if others suffer this same problem: I just have not been able to admit the illness. My primary care at the VA Community based clinic has tried to refer me to mental health, I refused. Regardless, enough about me. ##Thanks again for the help, it, your post, has really helped me.

I am working at this time, for how much longer, I don't know. I was recently told by a supervisor that I am very argumentive because I would not talk to him when he wanted to talk. I didn't realize we were arguing. I told my psyc doctor that I am seeing at the VA about this incident.

I have my C & P exam for this April 22nd, so I am hoping that it is favorable for me.

Thx for responding to my post.