VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypertension Leading To Cad And Cabg

Rate this question

saturneptune

Question

With a 10% rating for hypertension, how hard is it to make a connection to CAD? Also I have had a six way bypass operation. They scheduled a C and P exam two weeks after the operation then cancelled it, but are still working on the new claim. Has anyone else had this happen?

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks to everyone for your help. The cancelled C and P exam is still a mystery.

• HadIt.com Elder

How about CAD being precusser to HBP? I was diagnosed with CAD and now my blood pressure is start to trend upwards. I am now taking meds for HBP. My VA doctor seemed reluctant to say the HBP is secondary to the CAD.

How about CAD being precusser to HBP? I was diagnosed with CAD and now my blood pressure is start to trend upwards. I am now taking meds for HBP. My VA doctor seemed reluctant to say the HBP is secondary to the CAD.

Are you service connected for CAD and are claiming hypertension as a secondary condition?

• HadIt.com Elder

I am SC'ed for CAD, and I am thinking about claiming HBP. I am already 100% P&T. I don't know if this trip is necessary, but if my BP keeps going up I am going to seriously consider filing. I only file for things I think may kill me at this stage.

• HadIt.com Elder

because of panic disorder I had plenty of High Blood Pressure ratings in my SMR's. Now I have CAD wonder if it could be linked although no reason to do it now

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually I was service connected for the HTN and the cad on the same decision. Then the BP ED was a good one.

Pete, HTN is a precurser to cad and if the readings are less than 160/100 they will likely zero it. Readings of 160 / 100 or higher is compensable. This also goes for the presumptive 1 year post service.

I think they try to underplay the cart before the horse issue and say that if you have cad first then it is not associated to HTN or even DMII when either way it is still agravates ther CAD. Same for OSA.

J

Edited by jbasser