VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hypertension Leading To Cad And Cabg

Rate this question

saturneptune

Question

With a 10% rating for hypertension, how hard is it to make a connection to CAD? Also I have had a six way bypass operation. They scheduled a C and P exam two weeks after the operation then cancelled it, but are still working on the new claim. Has anyone else had this happen?

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It took about 3 months before my chest stopped being tender to the touch. I still have numbness. Now I'm dealing with scar tissue and inflammation around my left lung. It's hard to breathe and it makes using my CPAP machine for my sleep apnea next to impossible. I'm depressed...I have ED...I'm miserable. Constantly fatigued. But I'm glad to be alive.

Aim,

I finally got a new C and P exam for April 28th in Marion, IL. I kind of dread the stress test. I cannot get much above 2.5-3mph on the tread mill at rehab. What kind of tests do you think they will do?

• HadIt.com Elder

Most liley it will be a Nuclear medicine or Thalluim test..

Then they will pump you full of ephineferine and watch you take off. after the heart reaches a target BPM then they will reverse the med and you will feel a litte better in a few seconds.

J

Thanks for the reply. I see you are from KY also. I live in the western end near Paducah. To tell the truth, I really do not know what to expect. I know that this six way CABG is taking longer than I expected to regain full strength. In fact, it has been three months today. The chest bone still hurts, and will for a while. Rehab on the tread mill wears me out at 3.2 mph with a grade of 2.

I would never have filed a claim unless I thought I had a really good case based on 10% hypertension. Although there is that, but hypertension on my diagnosis of the medical records relating to the CABG and CAD, I can imagine difficulty if they try to claim it is heredity or something else.

Anyway, it is good to be driving locally again. This is my first time in the hospital and an operation, and some days my outlook is not the best.

Thanks again for the reply.

Today, April 28th, I finally had a rescheduled C and P exam, and as far as I can tell, it was the biggest waste of time in VA history. I drove 50 miles to what turned out to be a totally verbal exam except for listening to my heart and looking at my incisions. The doctor could barely speak English, and asked many questions. When the subject came up about cardiac rehab, he asked if anyone had calculated my METS. I said yes, based on my speed and grade on a tread mill, which at 3.4 mph and 2% grade is around 4.5 something. He asked how long I could walk and I told him. He asked what symptoms I had, told him shortness of breath, fatigue, and dizziness at times. There is no chest pain but the chest bone. He asked about depression. I had the stress test before the operation, the cath report and the surgery for the 6 way CABG. He made a copy of all those. With the 10% hypertension conncection, he did say I may have a chance. Who knows? I have never been so confused in my life. He asked a lot about me going and looking for a job. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Aim High,

If you see this post, please give me your ideas as our cases are almost identical.