VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Order Of Va Claimed Filed.

Rate this question

ReconRon

Question

Can somebody tell me what the process of filing a claim is after the VA has recieved it.

My clainmn the Compensations stage right now, What are the future stages yet to be completed.

Does anybody know it, i have asked it and nobod is responding

Thank you

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have never worried about what "stage" it is in, I liked it better when they just said it is at the ratings team, because basically the VARO doesn't know what is happening with it, they have a good idea where the file is sitting whose work area, they have to gather all the evidence, decide if the issue is a SC problem is the evidence there to prove it, set up a C&P exam then they rate it, it has to be approved and the statement of the case and the decision have to be written up the VA does NOT have time limits on their actions it may get done in 6 months and it may not get done in 14 months we have time limits in which to file Form 9s, add new evidence file NODs etc, they have none they do it when they do it normally you get an initial decision in 6 months if you are lucky NODs and appeals any where from 1 -3 years but does it spend 2 weeks in this department and 3 weeks in this area and 4 weeks here and 2 weeks in C&P and 3 weeks in rating and 2 weeks in approvals ( I have this term or "signatures" ) to many people assume they are then getting some type of award even denials have to be approved are you looking for a flow chart? on whats supposed to happen?

Thank You for the reply

Its nice to read the ideas of the process along the way,

and to know the process. At least i dont worry about 3 to 5 years.

Bless you

Thanks

Recon

Ron

I have never worried about what "stage" it is in, I liked it better when they just said it is at the ratings team, because basically the VARO doesn't know what is happening with it, they have a good idea where the file is sitting whose work area, they have to gather all the evidence, decide if the issue is a SC problem is the evidence there to prove it, set up a C&P exam then they rate it, it has to be approved and the statement of the case and the decision have to be written up the VA does NOT have time limits on their actions it may get done in 6 months and it may not get done in 14 months we have time limits in which to file Form 9s, add new evidence file NODs etc, they have none they do it when they do it normally you get an initial decision in 6 months if you are lucky NODs and appeals any where from 1 -3 years but does it spend 2 weeks in this department and 3 weeks in this area and 4 weeks here and 2 weeks in C&P and 3 weeks in rating and 2 weeks in approvals ( I have this term or "signatures" ) to many people assume they are then getting some type of award even denials have to be approved are you looking for a flow chart? on whats supposed to happen?