VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Forms Are Needed

Rate this question

*Bergie*

Question

I am getting ready to file for TDIU and wanted to make sure I have everything done prior to filing. Can someone please tell me what forms are needed. I have the 4192, and 8940, completed and ready. Are there any other forms needed.

Thank you,

Bergie

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Others may chime in here shortly, but I think thats all the forms you need. Good luck

/doc

• HadIt.com Elder

Do you get SSDI? I added the SSDI decision and last employer release statement (VA used last date at *work for IU start date). I also submitted a handful of pages clearly showing in-service diagnosis, current VAMC diagnosis's, SC disability ratings - all to make processing easier for the raters. About six months later I had c&p exams.

Best to ya,

Cg

*non-gainful employment but VA saw it as 'proof of some ability to work'.ha.

I am getting ready to file for TDIU and wanted to make sure I have everything done prior to filing. Can someone please tell me what forms are needed. I have the 4192, and 8940, completed and ready. Are there any other forms needed.

Thank you,

Bergie

Do you get SSDI? I added the SSDI decision and last employer release statement (VA used last date at *work for IU start date). I also submitted a handful of pages clearly showing in-service diagnosis, current VAMC diagnosis's, SC disability ratings - all to make processing easier for the raters. About six months later I had c&p exams.

Best to ya,

Cg

*non-gainful employment but VA saw it as 'proof of some ability to work'.ha.

Cowgirl,

I do not get SSDI, currently I am on workers comp for past 15 months. I had to have my shoulder reconstructed, and now getting physical therapy. I was hoping to get IU when the work comp ends, but we'll see what happens. I've had 3 jobs since returning from Iraq, 2 ended in termination. The current job I've had fairly regular verbal confrontations since I started working there in 2006, been told I'm to confrontational. I've also had 1 physical altercation at my current job that resulted in a written repremand placed in my employee file. The only reason I think I have not been fired is because it is a state civil service job and I'm career conditional. So they would have a hard time trying to fire me.

Bergie

Cowgirl,

I do not get SSDI, currently I am on workers comp for past 15 months. I had to have my shoulder reconstructed, and now getting physical therapy. I was hoping to get IU when the work comp ends, but we'll see what happens. I've had 3 jobs since returning from Iraq, 2 ended in termination. The current job I've had fairly regular verbal confrontations since I started working there in 2006, been told I'm to confrontational. I've also had 1 physical altercation at my current job that resulted in a written repremand placed in my employee file. The only reason I think I have not been fired is because it is a state civil service job and I'm career conditional. So they would have a hard time trying to fire me.

Bergie

Bergie,

I think the 15 months of workers comp will be fodder for the

VA to deny IU.

jmho,

carlie

Bergie,

I think the 15 months of workers comp will be fodder for the

VA to deny IU.

jmho,

carlie

Carlie,

You know I value your opinion, but do you think that If they deny the IU will they consider an increase for my Sc conditions. Or will I have to file for the increase seperately. Because I've read that some vets here have had their SC conditions increased when they filed for IU.

Thank you,

Bergie

• HadIt.com Elder
Carlie,

You know I value your opinion, but do you think that If they deny the IU will they consider an increase for my Sc conditions. Or will I have to file for the increase seperately. Because I've read that some vets here have had their SC conditions increased when they filed for IU.

Thank you,

Bergie

Bergie, I'm not carlie (so she will probably respond also), but, when you file for TDIU, and you have less than the commonly required % of disability, then they are supposed to consider your TDIU claim as a claim for increase in your other disabilities. or somethin lak dat, I tink.