VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim On Docket At Bva

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My CUE claim was placed on the docket for the BVA. I got the letter today. I will be dead or insane by the time I get a decision. From the time I filed it till I get a decision from BVA will probably be 4 years. Two rejections at the VARO and then a BVA Hearing and now it is on the docket? What was the hearing for I wonder? For crying out loud I thought the BVA judge at the hearing could make a decision. He got the brief and heard my case. I knew the hearning was quick, but I did not think it was just a milestone on the way to a long,long wait for the BVA to rule. I never actually got a personal BVA hearing before.

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

john, Isn't it so typical the VA VARO BVA manage to send out the wrong letters so many times. Who are these incompetent people that can't even send correct info after we wait for soooo many years??I agree with the others here that you will receive the correct letter with a nice retro coming your way too. The best. :D

John, I really hope you win your claim. I am just thinking that our claims are similar in a way and they are both at BVA pending a decision. It could be a hidden blessing that comes to light. Man that would be great.

Hey, nothing venture, nothing gained

Hope the best :D

Edited by pacmanx1

I filed NOD couple months back for TMJ still no word except the claim is "open for review"

and thats fine what gets me is I filled out the 686C cant remember the formnumber if my life depended on it but any way 2 children both forms filled in full plus there SSN every thing any way no pay, now keep IN mind I was fullish and didnt know about being compensated for dependendants any way long story short was denied bruxism etc, filed NOD with in this was the forms 686c....

what is there to prove about additional dependants,

makes you wonder abraham lincolns speech and founding statement of VA including

TO CARE FOR HIS WIDOW AND CHILDREN or does a vete actually have to be DEAD in order for that promise to be fulfilled

just ranting I suppose

• HadIt.com Elder

My lawyer thinks they may grant my CUE, but word it in such a way that it won't help other vets who want to bring CUE's based on evidence being ignored or excluded from a decision. This is so common that it would be a green light for others to file. I wish others would file and win when VA excludes evidence they don't like to deny or low ball a claim. How many of us have had decisions where evidence is neither listed or referred to in a decision? Probably all of us. If you get the decision you want you don't care, but if low balled or denied it means months or years on appeals.

• HadIt.com Elder

John:

Your lawyer is doing his job. What he is saying is leave everything up to him and from what happened sounds like he is on the ball.

Take it easy and enjoy the nice weather before it get hot.

I told Mrs Pete that I am a grown man and that I was going to sleep when I felt like it. She has been making a big deal about my nocturnal habits.

We will see.

For all reading this thread John has shown the value of a lawyer and when he wins I bet he will be happy he had someone who walked his claim through for him.

Good Luck and if you get a lot of money go back and look at Carlie's thread on houses in Virgin Islands.