VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Any Reps Dicers

Berta

Question

The REPS office is -in my opinion- a mess-

My REPS check was supposed to come last week (the REPS entitlement program is explained here under another topic under DIC forum)

Since REPS lost my app last month although the VA gave them approval for it in January- the REPS man asked me to fax it to him- Feb 12th I think it was- and it only needed a SSA statement that he would obtain.

Yesterday he could not find my app at first-(he was the one who misplaced it in February )and then he realized he had not contacted the SSA at all and told me I would get expeditious treatment as he would contact SSA right away-and the check would come by first week of April.He replaced someone who seemed to really be on the ball and apologized for delaying the check and I said I was used to that because of dealing with the VA- but I added REPS is a SSA program isnt it? and he said yes but that he was a VA employee.

No wonder it got messed up-

Anyone who has a problem with REPS (there are usually very few widows who are eligible but the war has altered that)

should contact the Office of Survivors at VA via their email addy there-

because, like everything else VA handles - the shuffle at REPS has apparently caused problems and the OSA can monitor how they handle the benefit.

I havent done that yet- I asked this guy for name of his supervisor and if my REPS gets messed up again I will contact OSA and make a big stink at another VA level.

Although the war might well have increased the amount of REPS applications- they are no where near a voluminous amount and can all be basically handled by one person.

I am just glad this guy isn't a VA rater.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

I just found out that the REPS VA employee who handles these claims doesn't have a clue on what he is doing.

I just spoke to his supervisor and also to his SSA liason.

Apparently he has been denying REPS claims because he didn't know what some codes meant on the SSA responses.

I need to contact the Office of Survivors VA and see if they have had complaints.

Where do these clowns come from?

It sure isn't job stress- this guy handles a minimal amount of REPS applications month by month-and these are applications due to eligibility that stems from a direct service connected death award(and other SSA factors).

Compared to the regular claims process -his job should be a picnic but he cant do it right.

Where do these clowns come from?

It sure isn't job stress- this guy handles a minimal amount of REPS applications month by month-and these are applications due to eligibility that stems from a direct service connected death award(and other SSA factors).

Compared to the regular claims process -his job should be a picnic but he cant do it right.

Berta,

Gosh - ain't that the truth !