VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Brown Envelope Came Today

Rate this question

Fire Courage

Question

I was so excited, I couldn't open it fast enough. But the dog gone rascals (VARO) only gave me an increase from 0% to 10% for my right knee injury w/traumatic arthritis. I'm filing the NOD tomorrow. When I submit this NOD, do I need to tell them why I don't agree? They have all the info they need ie xrays, MRI, medicines prescribed and orthopedic Dr visits etc..

Still no decision on the PTSD claim. The jury is still out.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You can file a NOD but I think it is a good idea to say why even if it is a general reason why.

Good Luck

I was so excited, I couldn't open it fast enough. But the dog gone rascals (VARO) only gave me an increase from 0% to 10% for my right knee injury w/traumatic arthritis. I'm filing the NOD tomorrow. When I submit this NOD, do I need to tell them why I don't agree? They have all the info they need ie xrays, MRI, medicines prescribed and orthopedic Dr visits etc..

Still no decision on the PTSD claim. The jury is still out.

Fire Courage,

Are you sure the VARO has everything you say they have. If not make sure they get it. In your NOD you can copy and paste the rating from Title 38CFR part 4, or quote it, and point out that your rating is lowballed based on the their own regs. There is nothing wrong with pointing out their errors as long as you can prove your point.

JMO,

Bergie

Before you file your NOD why not ask for a reconsideration and send them all the info you have. If they already have it, they will send it back but they could take it in and you could get a higher rating. If not and they leave the rating the same, you will still have one year to file your NOD. Just don't say you disagree if you ask for a reconsideration.

Just a thought

Hope the best