VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Results From C&p

Rate this question

masters101

Question

I received a copy of my mental C&P today and do not understand. Guidance and support wouldbe great.

Axis I. Bipolar 2 disorder, depressed without psychotic features, level 40

2. Obsessive compulsive disorder, level 50

Axis II. 1. NOS

Axis III 1. Back injury in the service

2. Fibromyalgia

3. Sleep apnea

Axis IV 1. Back injury, the patient fell and injured his back while he was in the service, level marked

Axis V. 40/40

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi, thank you for your quick response. It is so awesome to have a great hadit support group.

I applied for major depression and have a private Doctor who wrote several letters to the VA. This report was a VA contract Doctor, there was no GAF score on his report. His words to describe my prognosis was: GRAVE.

He said I got depressed during my time in the service after my accident.

He also wrote that the patient does not help with cooking or cleaning. He occasionally but rarely drives he does not do the shopping. He does not see his friends or relatives. He does not read. He has no hobbies. He is in pain all day and spends most of the day in bed.

Just going through some of your post and the responses, it seems that you are well on your way. The problem now is the long wait for the decision but it looks good.

Did you file a claim for fibromyalgia and migraines? what about a claim for sleep apnea, did you file that also? You may be close to a good decision.

Don't quote me, I am on drugs for the same conditions but it does look good for you.

Hope the best.

Edited by pacmanx1

Thanks again for the good words, it is very hard dealing with the VA.

Yes I applied for migranes, my other C&P exam the doctor said: Vets migraine headaches with associated dizziness and loss of balance are as likely as not the result of his service connected cervical spine condition. Migraines happen 8 times a month lasting for 1 day, Tension headaches are daily.

I also applied for fibromyalgia and the same VA doctor agreed with my private Doctor that I had fibromyalgia and it both connected the fibromyalgia with my service connected conditions.

I did not know you could file for sleep apnea when I got out of the service. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea 18 months after leaving active duty. I had two major operations to relieve the problems. I have not applied for sleep apnea at this time.

• HadIt.com Elder

For the time being I would not bring up sleep apnea and it can be reviewed when you get the next decision. Do you have Social Security if you do you should bring it up in your claim and if not you need to ask for it.

I have applied for social security. I am working with an Attorney to get approval, I was denied on my initial try. My attorney said that is the norm and most of his clients win when they go before the judge. His estimate was around 18-24 months until approval. I did let the VA know I had applied for social security.