VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Inservice Medical Records

teejay53

Question

i ordered my husband's medical records from the national archives about 2 months ago and received a letter form them yesterday that his records were sent to the va claims office in january 2010. my husband's doctor faxed a letter connecting his hep c death directly to his blood transfusion's he received while hospitalized for a severe wound he received while on active duty.

my question is (in your opinion) would the va be able to adjust his medical file not to show the blood transfusions he received during surgery so as not to pay a dic claim?

i know this is a silly question, but never the less this is bothering me.

thank you for your help.

:mellow:

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

nfortunately the VA has done worse than that- VA WAtchdog.com and our VA scandal forum reveal more.

"my question is (in your opinion) would the va be able to adjust his medical file not to show the blood transfusions he received during surgery so as not to pay a dic claim?"

They have been known to manipulate evidence.

Always best for a widow/widower and every veteran to get copies of their medical records, copy of the Cfile, the SMRs and 201 files if needed from NARA and also maintain copies of everything they send to the VA and get proof of mailing.

Many VAROs have been caught losing, misplacing and destroying critical claims evidence by the VA Inspector General's office.

i had originally requested my husbands medical records from the national archives in november 2009 and i called them to check and was told the request had gotten misplaced and had to request again in january 2010. after this last request i received a letter this past friday that the va had requested and did receive his medical records early in january 2010. i was told in the letter to contact the va for any records, not the national archives.

so i called the 800 number for the va and put in a request and was told i would receive his medical records in about 20 days from this coming monday.

however, i would really like to receive them from another source than where i filed my claim.

i would like to order them from Camp Pendleton, does anyone know the department that would have them as the injury and hospital where he stayed is there. i sent an email about the records to the Commanding Officer's Mailbox as i could not find any mailboxes for medical.

thank you for your help.