VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is Low Balling The Future Of Ihd Claims?

Rate this question

N4XV

Question

After 20 years of no significant improvement. Since the announcement of IHD to become a presumptive my heart condition has gotten better.

All these tests were performed at the same VAMC

From Chemical Stress Test study performed on 01/27/05.

Impression:

1. Abnormal adenosine myocardial perfusion scan.

Nontransmural infarction of the inferior wall from apex to base

with potential ischemia of the residual viable myocardium

primarily in the apical half of the infarct zone. Potential

ischemia in the adjacent inferolateral wall from apex to base.

2. Mildly depressed resting left ventricular systolic function

with an ejection fraction of 46%. ( I figure this impression to be worth at least a 60% rating)

From Chemical Stress Test study performed on 11/14/2008.  

Impression:

1. Abnormal adenosine myocardial perfusion scan. Potential

ischemia in the inferior, inferolateral, and lateral walls from

apex to base superimposed on inferior wall scar with an element

of post stress "stunning" in the potentially ischemic zone.

However, findings are similar to hard copy images of previous

study performed on 01/27/05.

2. Globally reduced left ventricular systolic function with an

ejection fraction of 42-45%. ( I figure this impression to be worth at least a 60% rating)

From ECHO-DOPPLER REPORT (Echocardiogram) performed on 01/07/2010 for a C&P exam in connection with my recent IHD claim under the new AO presumptive.

Impression:

LV systolic function is preserved. Estimated ejection fraction is 50-55%.

LV wall thickness shows mild concentric left ventricular hypertrophy.

LV wall motion abnormality was noted, suggestive of CAD.

Grade II diastolic dysfunction is present

( I figure this impression to be worth no more than a 30% rating)

I also had an Electrocardiogram (EKG) performed on 03/05/2010 that said - Abnormal EKG and possible Inferior Infarction. But the VA cardiologist said my heart condition had improved since 11/14/2008 yet warranted an increase in dosage of two of my heart meds. 

Before 1991 I had 4 heart attacks and a triple bypass. Now since there has been no real changes in my life style or improvement shown in my heart condition for the past 19 except for a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA or silent stroke) in Feb. of 2008 it makes me wonder if the powers that be in the claims part of the VA are somehow influencing the interpretations of tests and exams for new IHD claims under the new presumptive due to AO exposure.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"I was deined heart condition in 01/06, I should come under the Nehmer ruling. "

I agree-

"I am also AO condeded for Diaibbtes II, I now have claims in for HBP, Perf"

What is the SC rating they gave you for the DMII?

This is a good discussion-and it is just scuttlebutt that VA would use smoking etc to deny IHD clams-

just that some of us have been around the VA block for so long that we expect the worse-and even if the VA does not use smoking or anything else against these claims-

John always says it like it is:

"Berta

I get the feeling that the VA is stalling on IHD with knowledge that many vets will die while they construct this knew system. Less living vets, less compensation. This is all they think about is saving money at our expense."

I sure agree.

Along with Secretary Shenseki's bright idea last week of an "automated claims system" that would take a year to set up- in order to process the new IHD claims-more efficiently (yeah right)

I can guarantee that:

"it makes me wonder if the powers that be in the claims part of the VA are somehow influencing the interpretations of tests and exams for new IHD claims under the new presumptive due to AO exposure."

your wondering here will probably come to pass as eventual Fact.

They wont even publish the IHD regs for pubic comment yet so that has been a red flag for me to consider.

And scuttlebutt in the vets advocate network suggested that if a vet wth IHD also has smoking history-that right there might help the VA deny many IHD claims.Even though the gov put them into your rations decades ago-guaranteeing nicotine addiction could occur.

I assume you are a Blue Water Vet?

Have you proven you were in Vietnam in case HR 2254 doesnt get passed?

I insert this for your reading,please feel free to read the whole book.

www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record-id=11908&page=72

"I was deined heart condition in 01/06, I should come under the Nehmer ruling. "

I agree-

"I am also AO condeded for Diaibbtes II, I now have claims in for HBP, Perf"

What is the SC rating they gave you for the DMII?

This is a good discussion-and it is just scuttlebutt that VA would use smoking etc to deny IHD clams-

just that some of us have been around the VA block for so long that we expect the worse-and even if the VA does not use smoking or anything else against these claims-

John always says it like it is:

"Berta

I get the feeling that the VA is stalling on IHD with knowledge that many vets will die while they construct this knew system. Less living vets, less compensation. This is all they think about is saving money at our expense."

I sure agree.

Willful Misconduct may be used,but is rarly relevant to presumptive claims.Read this link or the whole book.

www.nap.edu/openbook.php?record-id=11908&page=72

I think NO, the VA will award the claims as they should by established regulations for the Heart disease..

The file here that you can download will show you the percentages one would get, according to METS, and other scores .

Read the file closely and you will have an Idea where they will be scoring, most IHD claims will be awarded at 60 % as per the regulations that have been in place several years...

Any vet that has IHD gets the same no matter if it is AO or because they were state side and had heart problems

S4_104.doc