VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hip Shot

Rate this topic

I am SC'ed for trochanteric (bursitis) of the left hip & my private doc wants to give me a shot in the hip to stop the pain. Has anyone out there had that kind of shot? Does it hurt? does it stop the pain in the hip.

:mellow: babyray

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
I am SC'ed for trochanteric (bursitis) of the left hip & my private doc wants to give me a shot in the hip to stop the pain. Has anyone out there had that kind of shot? Does it hurt? does it stop the pain in the hip.

Sure, it hurts. After all, they are stabbing you in the ass with stainless steel. And, they'll do it deep, they gotta, for it to do any good. Will it "cure" you? NO.

Will you feel better....................hell yeah, AFTER it quites hurting.

Sure, it hurts. After all, they are stabbing you in the ass with stainless steel. And, they'll do it deep, they gotta, for it to do any good. Will it "cure" you? NO.

Will you feel better....................hell yeah, AFTER it quites hurting.

will they give u something to numb u so that u dont feel the pain of the needle?

Really depends on the doctor. I had one that would mix xylocaine (numbing agent) with Celestone (corticosteroid), really wasn't too bad. Now I get Depo-Medrol, another steroid, with no numbing agent.

With that said, yes, the shots CAN provide great relief. They may not always do a lot for you, but they work for most folks most of the time to ease inflammation.

Don't worry about the jab, you can handle it.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Babyray,

I had one of those shots in my shoulder and I passed out cold. I awakened the next morning to find my shoulder froze up and in a lot of pain. Your best bet is to find a doc who will sedate you first. The more relaxed you are, the better.