VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dilaudid 8mg

Rate this topic

Is anyone prescribed Dilaudid(Hydromorphone) 8mg by the VA for pain and if so, how hard was it to get them to give it to you?? I am 50% sc for migraines and have been seeing my own non-VA doctor for 3 years who prescribes me the Dilaudid. I have been told for years that if I go to the VA I will be prescribed cheap Morphine candy or Methadone. Is this true? By going to the VA, monthly I could save 96.00 Medicare and 82.00 med copayments but would I loose the best pain medicine that I have ever taken?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Blanco,

The VA gave me some morphine injections last year, but no Dilaudid. They offered me tylenol 3's/4's, percocet, and something else. I asked for fentanyl patches for times when my stomach is so upset that I cannot take pills, but so far no luck. They indicate that they have those, but say you have to be terminal to get them. It smells funny to me.

Blanco,

Dilaudid............

I would love some ~ lol ~ seriously, I would.

carlie

Where ya at? What about the VA , no, slim chance, good luck? C,mon people, let me know what you think about this. It's a shame, here I am 50% sc and cannot even use the va because they won't prescribe me something that actually helps plus also puts a little happiness in my life.

• HadIt.com Elder

What I get from the VA is percoset, morphine, and methadone. That is it. No oxycontin or fentanyl patches for me. They are afraid I will either OD or sell the stuff. I go to the non-criminal pain doctors and you are lucky to get anything unless you go around the back door and pay cash at the little clinic with the line five blocks long. The VA pain clinic is great as long as you don't go there for treatment of chronic pain. The VA just does an awful job of treating pain. They are petrified that you will abuse it and it will come back on them. They would rather you blow your brains out than "abuse" a pain med.