VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Question

Rate this question

cdgun

Question

I have issues with my back Mid Back, Lower Back and Neck. I have adjustments by my Chiropractor every two weeks which helps my range of motion as well as pain levels.

what will this do for my exam, I am concerned this will mask the severity of the problem.

Anyone have simular experience and advice?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I certainly would postpone my adjustment until after I have my C&P exam. Let them see you at your worst.

I have issues with my back Mid Back, Lower Back and Neck. I have adjustments by my Chiropractor every two weeks which helps my range of motion as well as pain levels.

what will this do for my exam, I am concerned this will mask the severity of the problem.

Anyone have simular experience and advice?

Anything you do to help yourself, WILL be USED against your claim...... anything

• HadIt.com Elder

Perhaps your chiropractor could give you a letter explaining your condition and why he does the adjustments.

Good Luck on C&P Sharon gave good advice.

Remember that a C&P is not a job interview its a chance to show VA how you are most of the time.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you take pain meds for your back bring the meds to prove it. The VA often thinks that unless you are taking meds for a condition then the condition is not serious. If you tell the C&P exam doctor that you take a couple of tylenol and that helps you then don't expect a decent rating. If you tell him you take 8 percoset a day for back pain then he knows you are hurting. You have a back condition that will be mainly judged on ROM and the X-ray or MRI result. You have secondary and related condition of chronic pain. Have you seen an orthopedic doctor for your back? Your orthopod is going to get a lot more respect than a chiropractor. If your C&P doctor is an MD he/she will be hostile to a chiropractor most probably.