VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ils Home Assessment On March 19th

Rate this question

Bravo6

Question

I've read many posts on Independent Living, but what can I expect to gain from it!

Also, I'm currently awaiting TDIU decision from 70%! I've call the 800 number and my claim is still at the rating board awaiting a decision as of March 5th.

I'm confused as to why I am having an home assessment now since I'm only at 70%? After this assessment, will it help my case for TDIU. The rep said that it won't affect my case at the rating board at this time but it will in the future. The last thing I want is to have my case pulled from the rating board....if you understand what I'm saying!

Please help! I'm a very new member (long time reader thou) and would appreciate some in sight into this!

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome and nice to hear your 'virtual' voice here at Hadit. I sure wish you the best o'luck with your TDIU request - being St.Paddys day!

As far as Independent living assessment, I cannot speak to that, but am curious all the same. What did you and your counselor target for your interest and needs? housing adaptions? hobbies or social type media (computers, TV)??

Hope you post after the visit so we continue to learn how it goes.

Best to ya,

Cowgirl'with an adopted Irish Happy-tude!

I've read many posts on Independent Living, but what can I expect to gain from it!

Also, I'm currently awaiting TDIU decision from 70%! I've call the 800 number and my claim is still at the rating board awaiting a decision as of March 5th.

I'm confused as to why I am having an home assessment now since I'm only at 70%? After this assessment, will it help my case for TDIU. The rep said that it won't affect my case at the rating board at this time but it will in the future. The last thing I want is to have my case pulled from the rating board....if you understand what I'm saying!

Please help! I'm a very new member (long time reader thou) and would appreciate some in sight into this!

Bravo6 - what do you need from the program ? Get lost and need a GPS ?

Home Computer etc...

Did you request anything through ILP ?

I've call the 800 number and my claim is still at the rating board awaiting a decision as of March 5th.

Bronco6 - Don't depend on using the 800 # for any accuracy in checking the

status of your claim and where it's at in the process.

Your claim could easily be at what you were told is the "rating board" and a decision maker

decide something needs more development.

You might be getting closer to a decision - but many suggest to find a hobby.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Unlike some of the others we deal with at VA ILS is usually Vet Friendly. They will come out and assess your needs so if I wanted something I would be sure and ask. If you have old equipment needed show it to them.

Unlike some of the others we deal with at VA ILS is usually Vet Friendly. They will come out and assess your needs so if I wanted something I would be sure and ask. If you have old equipment needed show it to them.

Thanks will do!