VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Results From C&p Exam

Rate this question

Bravo6

Question

What do you think my changes of being approved for TDIU with this C&P exam?

My current Conditions rated at 70%:

1. Degenerative Joint Disease of L4-L5 and L5-S1, spondylosis L4-L5 - 40%

2. Right tibiofibular fracture with status post IM nailing and fasciotomy - 30%

3. Right second toe digit proximal interphalangeal fusion - 20%

4. Multiple scars to right leg from fracture - 10%

This is what the Dr wrote:

"It is my opinion that the diagnosis of the right knee degenerative joint disease is related to the Veteran's service injury. Therefore, it is related". Interesting since I was never seen before and I have no rating on my right knee, yet.

He continues:

"Concerning the Veteran's functional limitations impacting physical and sedentary employment, the veteran states that he can lift up to 10 pounds. He states that he limits his stooping and bending and walk 1/4 miles, he can stand for 3 minutes, he can go up one flight of stairs. Due to these restrictions and also the veteran being on narcotics, physical activity would be somewhat limited; however, a sedentary desk type of job could be a possibility"

I rec'd my OT report on my physical assessment:

She states " Bravo6 demostrated fair-good effort with fair-poor performance. He complain of increased LBP will all testing with inability to complete one of the long distance tasks due to pain. He required several rest/stopping breaks with increased weighted and long distance testing due to increased pain. He demo. decreased endurance with stair climbing test with inability to complete test fully due to pain with below average time results".

Her recommendation (OT):

"Increase activity level, Learn to balance lifestyle issues/activities and coping skills, Conditioning and stretching program"

I rec'd my PT report on my physical assessment:

He states "Bravo6 appears to be disability and pain oriented with much pain and self limiting behavior. Bravo6 is a tall individual with moderate degenerative lumbar spine changes. It is difficult to know how much of his past orthopedic trauma is a part of his pain behavior and how much is related to degenerative back condition and how much is from general deconditioning or mental attitude. He reports very little activity over the past 4 years. Recommend two or three months of progressive guided conditioning to see if PT would benefit from changes in environment and increased physical activity."

Any and all comments welcome! Thanks!

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can't work and its due to your service connected disabilities you should win if you don't give up. I agree with John999 that the C&P Doc screwed you with the possible sedentary job.

No matter once you win at VA or Social Security use it to win the other.

Good Luck

My opinion is that if you can't work you should have TDIU and SSD

If you can't work and its due to your service connected disabilities you should win if you don't give up. I agree with John999 that the C&P Doc screwed you with the possible sedentary job.

No matter once you win at VA or Social Security use it to win the other.

Good Luck

My opinion is that if you can't work you should have TDIU and SSD

Thanks Pete53.....so will I be awarded DJD in my right knee since the C&P doctor found it and documented it? Or will it be overlooked since I never put a claim in for it?

Yea, I felt I got screwed with that one sentence by the C&P dr. So if I get turned down should I make a new claim for the knee or just appeal the decision if I'm denied TDIU?

• HadIt.com Elder

If it was me I would appeal and ask for a Hearing. Also consider an outside medical opinion to help.

If it was me I would appeal and ask for a Hearing. Also consider an outside medical opinion to help.

Ok, so if I get denied (crossing fingers, that I don't) how long will it take to have a hearing? Are we talking weeks, months, years?

I just want to be prepared for the worst, just in case!

How would I got about having an outside medical opinion, just go to a private doctor and tell him my story?

Sorry for the lame questions but I'm just new to all of this!

• HadIt.com Elder
Ok, so if I get denied (crossing fingers, that I don't) how long will it take to have a hearing? Are we talking weeks, months, years?

Yes.

I just want to be prepared for the worst, just in case!

How would I got about having an outside medical opinion, just go to a private doctor and tell him my story?

Yes.

Sorry for the lame questions but I'm just new to all of this!

I jist loves the easy questions!

What do you think my changes of being approved for TDIU with this C&P exam?

My current Conditions rated at 70%:

1. Degenerative Joint Disease of L4-L5 and L5-S1, spondylosis L4-L5 - 40%

2. Right tibiofibular fracture with status post IM nailing and fasciotomy - 30%

3. Right second toe digit proximal interphalangeal fusion - 20%

4. Multiple scars to right leg from fracture - 10%

This is what the Dr wrote:

"It is my opinion that the diagnosis of the right knee degenerative joint disease is related to the Veteran's service injury. Therefore, it is related". Interesting since I was never seen before and I have no rating on my right knee, yet.

He continues:

"Concerning the Veteran's functional limitations impacting physical and sedentary employment, the veteran states that he can lift up to 10 pounds. He states that he limits his stooping and bending and walk 1/4 miles, he can stand for 3 minutes, he can go up one flight of stairs. Due to these restrictions and also the veteran being on narcotics, physical activity would be somewhat limited; however, a sedentary desk type of job could be a possibility"

I rec'd my OT report on my physical assessment:

She states " Bravo6 demostrated fair-good effort with fair-poor performance. He complain of increased LBP will all testing with inability to complete one of the long distance tasks due to pain. He required several rest/stopping breaks with increased weighted and long distance testing due to increased pain. He demo. decreased endurance with stair climbing test with inability to complete test fully due to pain with below average time results".

Her recommendation (OT):

"Increase activity level, Learn to balance lifestyle issues/activities and coping skills, Conditioning and stretching program"

I rec'd my PT report on my physical assessment:

He states "Bravo6 appears to be disability and pain oriented with much pain and self limiting behavior. Bravo6 is a tall individual with moderate degenerative lumbar spine changes. It is difficult to know how much of his past orthopedic trauma is a part of his pain behavior and how much is related to degenerative back condition and how much is from general deconditioning or mental attitude. He reports very little activity over the past 4 years. Recommend two or three months of progressive guided conditioning to see if PT would benefit from changes in environment and increased physical activity."

Any and all comments welcome! Thanks!

Hey Bravo6, I just wanted do ask you a question I broke both my legs and had rods and screws put in both. the right leg was a compund fracture and I had fasciotomies done on both legs, 4 2inch by 5 inch scars from where they did the fasciotomy so I have 2 large scars on both legs and have 3 5inch by 10 inch scars from where they took the skin for the graph plus multible other injures and I was awarded 10% for each leg and 10% for a sacar on my elbow and 0% for my scars. My question do you have any advise on how i shoulsd approach an appeal. I take a ton of pain meds and cant stand or walk for more than ten minutes, thanks brother