VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Increase Disability Rating

Rate this question

devildawg00311

Question

Hey, I'm 40% service connected disabled. I've been fighting the VA for 2 years to increase my rating. I had an entire list of things that I wanted the VA to exam. Im still having alot of problems with most of those things that were on my list. Im currently getting disability on my knees, right hip, spine, and ears. Since i recieved my rating i've had to surgeries on my hip from an outside surgeon (after the VA said that there wasnt anything wrong). I was also recomended for knee surgery and shoulder surgery. No help from the VA. I see a shrink at the VA at least once a month for TBI/PTSD stuff but I dont get anything for that. They are the ones that told me to go and see the shrink for that stuff but they arnt giving me any disability for it. Is anyone else getting the run around on disability?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

This was a good topic, unfortunately, I haven't seen any responses. I only served 4 in the USMC and broke my skull in 10 places. I have 2 plates held in with 7 screws in my head and I was rated at 10% in 1997.

When I discuss this with other vets, I get the same advice, that I should try to have the rating increased. I've been trying to read the threads/posts about SOs vs. lawyers, etc.

I just really couldn't stomach going back to the VA repeatedly for another 2 or 3 years for a 10 or 20% increase. What's your thoughts? Am I on track here?

DevilDawg00311: What did you do ultimately?

Thanks!

Chris

Semper Fi!

Chris,

Welcome to Hadit.

You may also have a claim for clear and unmistakable error if the

VA is only compensation you at a 10 % level.

I would call the VA - 1-800-827-1000 and as them what

disability you are currently being compensated for, the Diagnostic Codes and percentage/s.

The Skull------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rating------------------------------------------------------------------------

******* 5296 Skull, loss of part of, both inner and outer tables: With brain hernia............................................. 80 Without brain hernia: ****** Area larger than size of a 50-cent piece or 1.140 in \2\ 50 (7.355 cm \2\)............................................. ****** Area intermediate........................................... 30 ****** Area smaller than the size of a 25-cent piece or 0.716 in 10 \2\ (4.619 cm \2\)......................................... Note: Rate separately for intracranial complications.

• HadIt.com Elder

Every single one of us has been beaten up by the VA at one time or another always about money. They like their heros good and dead. The only good vet is a dead one to the VA.

Chris, you would likely get more than just a 10 to 20% increase. Even though the process is designed to wear you down you should still try and go as far as you can with it, especially considering the injury you sustained. I work in a disabled veteran's law office and would be happy to connect you with an attorney who could, at they very least, give you information about your options. Whether you decide to ultimately go with a service officer or an attorney (assuming you decide to move forward), information is key and your most powerful allie against VA. I hope this helps. :) My name is Douglas and my number is (877) 838-2889.

This was a good topic, unfortunately, I haven't seen any responses. I only served 4 in the USMC and broke my skull in 10 places. I have 2 plates held in with 7 screws in my head and I was rated at 10% in 1997.

When I discuss this with other vets, I get the same advice, that I should try to have the rating increased. I've been trying to read the threads/posts about SOs vs. lawyers, etc.

I just really couldn't stomach going back to the VA repeatedly for another 2 or 3 years for a 10 or 20% increase. What's your thoughts? Am I on track here?

DevilDawg00311: What did you do ultimately?

Thanks!

Chris

Semper Fi!