VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

If You Financed Your Home W/va Backed Loan

I went thru my paperwork and it wasn't listed either....Line 816 (Ithink that's it) wasn't even listed. I was thinking that maybe I didn't pay it then? I don't know.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my first VA backed loan the $5520.00 was listed as a "VA funding fee". On my refinance, which was also VA backed, the funding fee of 10230.00 was listed on the settlement sheet as "Mortgage Insurance Premium to VA Administration". I guess they can word it anyway they like, but it is actually a type of mortgage insurance.

I called the VA home loan office. I think I got the number from calling the toll free number you call to check on you disability claim status. I haven't run across the number yet, but still looking so I can post it.

Blackbird

I just called the 1-800-827-1000 VA Benefits #, they referred me to the office that handled my VA loan (Manchester NH-Covers Maine) 1-800-827-6311. That person looked up the info. I didn't pay a funding Fee, case closed.

Thanks for the help folks,

David