VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu

Rate this question

pastmaster357

Question

In June of 2009, I was medically retired as a Federal Corrections Officer, and 2002 I was medically retired from the military. Both retirement were due to service connections. I filed for IU in June of '09, since then I have underwent TKR on the same knee. Along with the IU paperwork, I took it upon myself to inform VA in a letter that I was medically retired twice due to SC. I had to undergo a full exam of all SC conditions. My new GAF score is 52 from 60. My current rated disabilities or as follows; Major depressive disorder 10%, knee condition 30%, limited motion of spine 0%, facial scars 10%, clavicle impairment 10%, asthma 30%, hypertensive vascular disease 10%, limited motion of ankle 10%, limited flexion of knee 20%, limited flexion of knee 100%(this is probably because of my recent surgery)Total rating 90%.

The opinion from VA ORTHO; "The veteran definitely is not a candidate for doing things like being a construction worker. He does have limitations as far as distance walking as well as standing. as far as sedate employment, there is absolutely no reason why he would not do well in a sedate employment environment".

The opinion of VA Neuropsych; "It is recommend that the veteran be rated as competent for VA purposes. It appears that he is capable of managing his benefit payments in his own best interests".

What are my chances of getting either IU or 100% schedular, or do I need to pursue other avenues.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, first off, they "low-balled" ya on the MDD.

But, if I were U I'd make sure that I was attending a regular psych group-grope and co-incidentally filing for TDIU.

A claim for TDIU is a claim for increase in disability.

LarryJ

Sunset 438

ancient, free, etc.

Well, first off, they "low-balled" ya on the MDD.

But, if I were U I'd make sure that I was attending a regular psych group-grope and co-incidentally filing for TDIU.

A claim for TDIU is a claim for increase in disability.

LarryJ

Sunset 438

ancient, free, etc.

Understand. I request and increase for depression, and yes I have been seeing a VA doctor since July of 09. I figured as much on the MDD.

• HadIt.com Elder
Understand. I request and increase for depression, and yes I have been seeing a VA doctor since July of 09. I figured as much on the MDD.

Well, you can request an increase for MDD, but, I'd make sure and turn in a TDIU claim (make sure and use the TDIU "official" claim form (you can download it from the va.gov website)).

Receive the VAs response to my claim. It was denied for TDIU, but granted Temporary 100 from surgery. Just a question though. If my claim for Temp 100 was submitted in December and they awarded it in February, I'm I to be awarded for December and January as well? They paid me the difference from February to May, but not December and January.