VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Is Scheduling Two C&p Ptsd Exams

Rate this question

vperl

Question

A buddy of mine files for PTSD, was denied, then 6 months later he went to a Privatee Mental Health provideer to diagnos him.

The Private Dianosis showed he had PTSD and gave my buddy a GAF of 40 and wrote he suffered from Moderate PTSD.

Then the VSO for my buddy filed an appeal....

Then the VA ordered a C&P exam, he went to the C&P and was diagnosised with PTSD, and on the end of this exam the Doctor

told him as he went through the file the VA is going to have my buddy do a second C&P PTSD exam from another Doctor.

What is this all about ?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Someone is trying to help your bud

how does getting two C&P Exams for PTSD in three weeks help him ?

since the first one upon appeal said he had PTSD pretty bad

and he has a IMO for PTSD in the records

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I would recommend your buddy take a copy of the GAF 40 exam to the new C&P exam. Also, he might want to go ahead and fill out a release of information letter with the VA so they can get the records directly from the GAF 40 examiner.

Well the first thing is tell your buddy not to miss this appointment. Tell your buddy go to the appointment and ask the doctor what is it for. Once the doctor says that it is for PTSD, have your buddy tell the doctor that he just recently had a C & P exam for PTSD. In most cases the Doctor doing the second C & P exams will follow the direction of the first doctor. Yes, I know some will disagree but you're talking about two C & P exams in a matter of a few weeks compared to several months apart. I think it would look very suspicious if a second doctor would try to give a different opinion in that short of time. The First C & P exam should stand but we all know how VA likes to play games.

JMO

Has the 2nd C& P been scheduled yet? Since the doctor said it, he may have simply misread something or it may be a scheduling error. I agree with others though, whatever he does, he needs to go to all scheduled appointments.

Has the 2nd C& P been scheduled yet? Since the doctor said it, he may have simply misread something or it may be a scheduling error. I agree with others though, whatever he does, he needs to go to all scheduled appointments.

I convinced him to call C&P , the C&P People told him they found a request for a second exam for PTSD, so he got one scheduled for 5april, I told him to get it over, no matter how much he does not want to go.. I may take him if I see he is reluctant