VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cue From Hell?

Rate this question

jc10c

Question

I left Vietnam in 1966. In 1969 I woke up in Walter Reed after being cut down from a water pipe where I hanged myself. I was diagnosed with "Immature Personality Disorder". I left the army in 1977. In 1983 after a number of problems I put a claim in for PTSD. I was sent to Columbus Ohio for both a physical and a C&P. The doctor that did the physical diagnosed me with Adjustment Disorder with Mixed Emotional Features. Ten minutes later I was sent to the Chief of Psychology Service who gave me a diagnosis of PTSD,Chronic. My claim was turned down due to the fact that the VA used the first diagnosis. To make a long story short, I re-submitted the claim again in 2005 and was turned down (3) times. In 2006 I was awarded 50%. In 2009 it was increased to 70%. During that period from 1983-2009 I have been in and out of VA with the constant diagnosis of PTSD. I would like to know if this is a CUE. Finally, where in the world do you find someone who is knowledgable in CUE claim?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I left Vietnam in 1966. In 1969 I woke up in Walter Reed after being cut down from a water pipe where I hanged myself. I was diagnosed with "Immature Personality Disorder". I left the army in 1977. In 1983 after a number of problems I put a claim in for PTSD. I was sent to Columbus Ohio for both a physical and a C&P. The doctor that did the physical diagnosed me with Adjustment Disorder with Mixed Emotional Features. Ten minutes later I was sent to the Chief of Psychology Service who gave me a diagnosis of PTSD,Chronic. My claim was turned down due to the fact that the VA used the first diagnosis. To make a long story short, I re-submitted the claim again in 2005 and was turned down (3) times. In 2006 I was awarded 50%. In 2009 it was increased to 70%. During that period from 1983-2009 I have been in and out of VA with the constant diagnosis of PTSD. I would like to know if this is a CUE. Finally, where in the world do you find someone who is knowledgable in CUE claim?

damn can't believe no one has responded to you, talk to your VSO like american legion or Disabled american vets they can help you, or contact a VA attorney

• HadIt.com Elder

Get a lawer. Non of those VSO types have the brains to help you. CUE must be on a final and unappealed decision.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If the Chief of Psychology diagnosed you with PTSD, Chronic, make sure you have a hard copy of the diagnosis. If the chief told you verbally, then there is no evidence of it occurring.

"In 2006 I was awarded 50%. In 2009 it was increased to 70%. During that period from 1983-2009 I have been in and out of VA with the constant diagnosis of PTSD. I would like to know if this is a CUE. Finally, where in the world do you find someone who is knowledgable in CUE claim?"

If the 50% which is now 70% is solely for service connected PTSD you mght have basis for a CUE claim.

There is a wealth of info here on CUE.

They had to cause a legal error that was to your detriment in the original and unappealed decision.

The legal error could be that they gave you the wrong diagnostic code- as adjustment disorder DC is not same as code for PTSD.

howdy...

the dd form 149 wont download for me...could you try please and email that to me?

TIA

Rich

mountain953346@yahoo.com

"In 2006 I was awarded 50%. In 2009 it was increased to 70%. During that period from 1983-2009 I have been in and out of VA with the constant diagnosis of PTSD. I would like to know if this is a CUE. Finally, where in the world do you find someone who is knowledgable in CUE claim?"

If the 50% which is now 70% is solely for service connected PTSD you mght have basis for a CUE claim.

There is a wealth of info here on CUE.

They had to cause a legal error that was to your detriment in the original and unappealed decision.

The legal error could be that they gave you the wrong diagnostic code- as adjustment disorder DC is not same as code for PTSD.