VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod / Tdiu

Rate this question

SANDMAN

Question

Been gone for awhile, been going thru some pretty intense therapy. I have a question for everyone. I have a NOD in and an application for TDIU. I am currently at 50 % SC. My VSO and therapist thought 70 % was a no brainer after a well written c & p exam.

My question is this , called my Vso to see where my claim was at in the system. It showed everthing as being recieved that they requested. It showed that the DRO sent it over to TDIU dept . Is it just wishful thinking on my part that in order for TDIU to be granted i would need atleast a rating of 70 %. Would that possibly mean that the DRO Awarded the 70 % and then sent it over for TDIU consideration. Thanks for the replies.

Sgt Sandman

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

It sounds good to me-I didn't know they had a TDIU department but if the DRO granted 70% than that would trigger them to work the TDIU application.

A vet can apply for TDIU regardless of their SC rating.

And it can be awarded -based on the medical evidence.

The 70% triggers the VA to consider TDIU even if the vet has not formally applied.

Have you applied for SSA disability too?

Been gone for awhile, been going thru some pretty intense therapy. I have a question for everyone. I have a NOD in and an application for TDIU. I am currently at 50 % SC. My VSO and therapist thought 70 % was a no brainer after a well written c & p exam.

My question is this , called my Vso to see where my claim was at in the system. It showed everthing as being recieved that they requested. It showed that the DRO sent it over to TDIU dept . Is it just wishful thinking on my part that in order for TDIU to be granted i would need atleast a rating of 70 %. Would that possibly mean that the DRO Awarded the 70 % and then sent it over for TDIU consideration. Thanks for the replies.

Sgt Sandman

Have you been to Voc Rehad to see a counselor yet? That would be a step that I would pursue IMO! It worked for me for TDIU!

Berta ,

I have not applied for SSA yet , i will real soon. Kind of have alot on my plate right now. Thanks for your reply.

Bravo6,

I had my VOC REHAB appt about 3 weeks ago. The counselor told me it was not a good idea at this time to pursue as it may screw up my TDIU claim. Also said i would need in writing from my DR that i was stable ( on meds and anger under control ) and still not drinking in order for them to start me in program. I tend to be a little confrontational.