VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Federal And State Benefits For Sc Veterans

I'm looking for the link (I know I've seen one, but can't find it) that lists all of the State and Federal benefits a sc Veteran is entitled to

by the percentage they are sc with....ie: 0 cost for meds at 50% sc, etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction to find it?

This is probably a question that is asked often, please accept my apology in advance for not being able to find it.

Thank you very much,

VetsLady

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for the link (I know I've seen one, but can't find it) that lists all of the State and Federal benefits a sc Veteran is entitled to

by the percentage they are sc with....ie: 0 cost for meds at 50% sc, etc.

Can someone point me in the right direction to find it?

This is probably a question that is asked often, please accept my apology in advance for not being able to find it.

Thank you very much,

VetsLady

Try this taken from the Hadit main page.

Bergie

Veterans Benefits State & Federal

Try this taken from the Hadit main page.

Bergie

Veterans Benefits State & Federal

Thank you Bergie....yes, I have seen this before, thank you for the reminder.

My plate is so full if I put one more thing on it, it will surely drop and everything will break.

What I'm searching for is it seems somewhere, either here on Hadit or on the VA site I saw a table

that showed if a Veteran is a 30% they are entitled to.....if 50%........and if 70% they are entitled to and so on.

ie: RX, commisary, etc.

Maybe it will come to me or, better yet, I'll find the "note to self" about this....in the meantime, I need to find

out where this information can be obtained. If I find it, I'll post the link.....

SOS! until then....

Found it! It was here on Hadit...posted by Carlie...Thanks Carlie! Ok, now my brain links are plugged back in. Whew. I knew I'd seen this. I know each State also has additional benefits for Veterans with sc illness/disease. This was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again to Hadit.

Vetslady

Borrowed from elsewhere and may not be up to date.

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS AVAILABLE FOR SERVICE CONNECTED DISABLED VETERANS

EVALUATION BENEFITS

0% To 20%

•Certification of Eligibility for home loan guaranty.

•Home loan guaranty fee exemption.

VA Priority medical treatment card.

•Vocational Rehabilitation and Counseling under title

38 USC Chapter 31 (must be at least 10%)

•Service Disabled Veterans insurance (Maximum of $10,000 coverage) must file within 2 years from date of new

service connection.

10 point Civil Service Preference (10 points added to Civil Service test score).

Clothing allowances for veterans who use or wear a prosthetic or orthopedic appliance (artificial limb, braces, or wheelchair) or use prescribed medications for skin condition, which tend to wear, tear or soil clothing.

•Temporary total evaluation (100%) based on hospitalization for a service connected disability in excess of

21 days; or surgical treatment for a service connected disability necessitating at least 1 month of convalescence or immobilization by cast, without surgery of more major joints.

30% In addition to the above:

•Additional allowances for dependent(s) [spouse, child(ren), step child(ren), helpless child(ren), full-time students between the ages 18 to 23, and parent(s)]

•Additional allowances for a spouse who is a patient in a nursing home or helpless or blind or so nearly helpless or blind as to require the aid and attendance of another person.

40% In addition to the above:

•Automobile grant and/or special adaptive equipment for an automobile provided there is loss or permanent loss of use of one or both feet, loss or permanent loss of one or both hands or permanent impaired vision of both eyes with central visual acuity of 20/200 or less in better eye.

•Special adaptive equipment may also be applied for if there is ankylosis of one or both knees or one or both hips.

50% In addition to the above:

•VA Medical outpatient treatment for any condition except dental.

•Preventive health care services.

•Hospital care and medical services in non-VA facilities under an authorized fee basis agreement.

60% In addition to the above:

•Increased compensation (100%) based on individual Unemployability (applies to veterans who are unable to obtain or maintain substantially gainful employment due to service connected disability)

100% In addition to the above:

•Dental treatment.

•Department of Defense Commissary privileges.

•Veteran’s employment preference for spouse.

•Waiver of National Service Life Insurance premiums.

•National Service Life insurance total disability income provisions.

•Specially adapted housing for veterans who have loss or permanent loss of use of both lower extremities or the loss or blindness in both eyes having light perception only plus loss or permanent loss of one lower extremity or the loss or permanent loss of use of one lower extremity with loss or permanent loss of use of one upper extremity or the loss or permanent loss of use of one extremity together with an organic disease which affects the function of balance and propulsion as to preclude locomotion without the aid of braces, crutches, canes or wheelchair.

•Special home adaptation Grant (for veterans who don’t qualify for Specially Adapted Housing) may be applied for if the veteran is permanently and totally disabled due to blindness in both eyes with visual acuity or 5/200 or less or loss of or permanent loss of use of both hands.

100% (Permanent and Total) in addition to the above:

•Civilian Health and Medical Program for dependents and survivors (ChampVA)

•Survivors and dependents education assistance

--------------------

Truth Wins --- sometimes you just have to walk thru fire to get there !

When you have the CREDIBLE & PROBATIVE EVIDENCE - NEVER give up !

I am not an attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is strictly my humble opinion

therefore not to be held out for liable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...