VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is The Va Getting Ahead Of Themseves

Rate this question

Hughie

Question

Hi all,

Did some searching of the forum first to see if there was already an aswer to my quetion but no luck. I am currently rated at 10% for cluster Headaches under 8100 and have been since getting out in 97. Over the years my Headaches have gotten worse and in April of 09 while in California I put in for a re-evaluation via local County VS. I have since moved to North Carolina and finally gotten everything moved to Winston-Salem.

After getting everything moved myself. The DAV suggested doing it myself as they were afraid if they tryed taking over prolong the proccess but have offered to handle any chalenge. I had to do a lot of the paperwork over again to get medical records requested and send in my statements again which is fine but I got a compensation exam scheduled for next week with QTC and after that was scheduled I just got a letter from the VA saying they just sent requests for medical records out.

My question is "Don't they normally get or attempt to get all medical records before scheduling a compensation exam?"

I am also affraid they don't have all my statements since these were sent in with my forms to request medical records.

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Berta,

Thanks for looking at it. It just seems very confusing. Especially since the VA separated my original claim into these separate ones. You would have thought they would know how to do it right. I suppose it will all work its self out one day.

Larry J,

It seems to be a catch 22. I take the meds I get the side effects but I can get enough sleep between headaches to function at work. I don't take the meds and I do not sleep or function at work and loose my job and can get the higher rating. The problem is I cannot afford to not have my job so I can never get the 50% rating for Headaches because I will never get the economic hardship. So I will take my medication and use up my sick time and vacation time on my headaches. Unfortunately I am one that will go to work with a headache because I can't afford not to or am out of time off.

I keep a headache log and track how much my headaches interfere with my job. One day the VA will see the [un]happy medium in there.

Headaches have gotten worse again. VA appointment in a week!