VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is It Legal?

Rate this topic

Hurting,

I have moved this topic to the Medication Forum.

Did this doctor provide you with a reason for pulling your RX ?

Did you have blood work done to check the levels of this RX in your system

and it came up empty ?

Personally, I would probably try to contact the VA Doctors that had been RXing it to me in the past

and see if they can help out.

I'd be real interested in knowing what possible reason this doc had for pulling the RX.

Is this a new PCP you have or what ?

What was the RX ?

carlie

Thanks for moving this post to the proper location. Yes these are new PCP's that I have been stuck within the last year. First it was Dr. Stemple which shortly after her starting to decrease my dose for discontinue I requested another Dr. and the VAMC gave me her Superior Dr. Sommerville. The reason the Dr. Sommerville gave me was that my pain levels were on the high side even with pain med. I have had multiple health problems to include a Heart Attack, Pancreal Attacks, my broken back ect... I have lived long enough with my health problems that I know that every pain is different and that there are many different levels of pain. I being honest about how my back bothers me under is hurting me in more ways than I ever thought it could. Dr. Sommerville wanted to do some shots in my back and I would not let him. Which in turned pissed him off. I told him that I was already having more than my share of hurt out of it and that I was not comfortable with someone shooting me in the back with needles. As far as the RX Levels in my system I have always tested with levels within the normal range for the dosage I had been prescribed. My first Dr. was Dr. Almond and she had been with me through my Heart Attack and my Pancreal Attacks and was a very good Dr. But she got a promotion within the VAMC and I was given a new PCP which was Dr. Stemple. This lady Dr. made everyone she saw sign and contract and begin cutting them off of their pain meds. She had made all of her patients mad and Now I hear she has since been transfered to another VAMC in Hawaii . Pretty nice huh. (Just goes to show that the old saying goes. You scratch my back I'll scratch yours. Help me clean up my VA's Image and I will make sure you get a good job in Hawaii) This is a pathetic shame because it is the veterans that risk life and limb for our country that is suffering. A media outlet let it out that the VAMC in Huntington West Virginia prescribed more narcotics than any other medical facility in the nation. And also they are being sued for the treatment they gave Rev. Flippin after botched Brachytherapy treatments in Philli. PA VAMC. Its not uncommon for a VAMC in this area to prescribe more narcotics than any where else because we have more people volenteering to enter our Armed Services than any other area in the US of A. With that being said it stands true to say that we have more wounded soldiers to attend to and of course they would need to prescribe more pain management drugs. DA! I wish the VAMC in Huntington WV would do the right thing and rectify the problem they have caused for so many of the Brave Soldiers that Served their Country Proudly and got Injured for Life. The treatment the Huntington West Virginia VAMC is providing its patients is nothing more than Torture, Mistreatment and Abuse.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for moving this post to the proper location. Yes these are new PCP's that I have been stuck within the last year. First it was Dr. Stemple which shortly after her starting to decrease my dose for discontinue I requested another Dr. and the VAMC gave me her Superior Dr. Sommerville. The reason the Dr. Sommerville gave me was that my pain levels were on the high side even with pain med. I have had multiple health problems to include a Heart Attack, Pancreal Attacks, my broken back ect... I have lived long enough with my health problems that I know that every pain is different and that there are many different levels of pain. I being honest about how my back bothers me under is hurting me in more ways than I ever thought it could. Dr. Sommerville wanted to do some shots in my back and I would not let him. Which in turned pissed him off. I told him that I was already having more than my share of hurt out of it and that I was not comfortable with someone shooting me in the back with needles. As far as the RX Levels in my system I have always tested with levels within the normal range for the dosage I had been prescribed. My first Dr. was Dr. Almond and she had been with me through my Heart Attack and my Pancreal Attacks and was a very good Dr. But she got a promotion within the VAMC and I was given a new PCP which was Dr. Stemple. This lady Dr. made everyone she saw sign and contract and begin cutting them off of their pain meds. She had made all of her patients mad and Now I hear she has since been transfered to another VAMC in Hawaii . Pretty nice huh. (Just goes to show that the old saying goes. You scratch my back I'll scratch yours. Help me clean up my VA's Image and I will make sure you get a good job in Hawaii) This is a pathetic shame because it is the veterans that risk life and limb for our country that is suffering. A media outlet let it out that the VAMC in Huntington West Virginia prescribed more narcotics than any other medical facility in the nation. And also they are being sued for the treatment they gave Rev. Flippin after botched Brachytherapy treatments in Philli. PA VAMC. Its not uncommon for a VAMC in this area to prescribe more narcotics than any where else because we have more people volenteering to enter our Armed Services than any other area in the US of A. With that being said it stands true to say that we have more wounded soldiers to attend to and of course they would need to prescribe more pain management drugs. DA! I wish the VAMC in Huntington WV would do the right thing and rectify the problem they have caused for so many of the Brave Soldiers that Served their Country Proudly and got Injured for Life. The treatment the Huntington West Virginia VAMC is providing its patients is nothing more than Torture, Mistreatment and Abuse.

By the way the pain medication I was on originally was oxycodone which was working fine with Dr. Almond and then I was told that 3 out of the 4 plants that made that particular medication had been shut down and caused and National Shortage. So I then was given Morphine Sulfate and a new PSP. When I went to the new PSP I requested to be put on something else because the Morphine Sulfate was slightly to strong and that it controlled me not me controlling my medications. My New PSP took me off of the Morphine Sulfate and lowered it to Lora-tabs. Which was fine until I saw on the bottle that they were decreasing dosage for discontinue. Ever since discontinue I have been given pain meds that do not even come close to touching the pain level. I will call my PSP and not get a return call back and then I will call the Patient Advocate and I get the same old dance that they cannot do anything about it and that the final medicine decision is up to the PSP. or I get an answering machine and again will not get a return call or I talk to someone and they tell me they will find out something and call me back, I sit waiting for a call that never comes. Again

I feel for you. This is why I cannot use the VA Healthcare System because I have been prescribed for 5 years by my private doctor monthly 120 Dilaudid 8mg(approx Oxy 40) and I know and have been told by many that it would be impossible to get this at a VAMC. I would like to see their PCPs go a few days without my or your medicine after taking it daily for over 5 years. All of that work to get sc and increases but can't get meds at the VAMC. Thank GOD that I have Medicare, it is well worth the 96 a month and additional money for the plan.

in the 80's I at least got tyl#3, but last 7 yrs motrin, no thanks, been receiving all controlled meds by private physicians only. Do the same and you won't have to suffer withdrawl s/s!

• HadIt.com Elder

You should live in Florida where so many crooks are in the pain management business that every patient is a suspect.

Most of the clinics take cash only. The other pain doctors want to do procedures expensive and painful.

Have you talked to one of the pharmacists. at your VAMC. They have the ability to change your medications!

By the way the pain medication I was on originally was oxycodone which was working fine with Dr. Almond and then I was told that 3 out of the 4 plants that made that particular medication had been shut down and caused and National Shortage. So I then was given Morphine Sulfate and a new PSP. When I went to the new PSP I requested to be put on something else because the Morphine Sulfate was slightly to strong and that it controlled me not me controlling my medications. My New PSP took me off of the Morphine Sulfate and lowered it to Lora-tabs. Which was fine until I saw on the bottle that they were decreasing dosage for discontinue. Ever since discontinue I have been given pain meds that do not even come close to touching the pain level. I will call my PSP and not get a return call back and then I will call the Patient Advocate and I get the same old dance that they cannot do anything about it and that the final medicine decision is up to the PSP. or I get an answering machine and again will not get a return call or I talk to someone and they tell me they will find out something and call me back, I sit waiting for a call that never comes. Again