VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd C&p On 29 Mar 2010

Rate this question

Gridsmasher11

Question

Had a C&P on 29 Mar 2010...Did not know what is was about until the Doc told me(All I knew was that I had 2 C&P's on that day)..I think it was positive for me..She was concerned about my insomnia, lack of social contacts, altercations at work and my suididal tendencies that I went through before current meds..We discussed my history, what I did and saw in the Gulf War etc, etc...It took about an hour and a half......Today when I went to my normal psych appointment (different doc), she told me that she has diagnosed me as having Major Depressive Disorder, PTSD, and Pain disorder..Along with the Substance Dependency caused by the chronic pain................My question now is how much longer will it take for me to hear something from the RO about the claim.....I also had another C&P the same day for a different day....I know these claims will go back to at least May 2008 when I made the PTSD claim..So I understand that it is just building..Am I looking at another year or just a couple of months......Thanks in advance....Grid

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

My first thought - when did you submit your claim? Sounds like its really in progress now, but its hard to say exactly - I'd guess in the next few months. Once I had additional VA information to be added to the c&p exam, called the c&p office to find out if I could submit it while the report was being prepared. That worked, but anythings a coin toss.

Also, if you move fast, seeing your VA doc gave you that specific of a diagnosis, its possible that you could add that in for additional evidence. Go to Release of Information (ROI) and request a copy of todays notes. For mental health it may be a day before the doc can find time to authorize release to you.

If you submit this or any other medical support statements, be sure to state in writing what you are submitting. Like, a diagnosis for MDD,PTSD and Pain Disorder ...by Dr. xxxxx in support of your claim for PTSD and clearly state the date you are submitting. Try to get a date stamp when you hand it over.

In a few days you can also ask ROI office for copy of your exam and then let us know how it goes. If your VA medical records already contained your diagnosis and IF they were used for the exam, that'd be good.

All the best,

Cg

Had a C&P on 29 Mar 2010...Did not know what is was about until the Doc told me(All I knew was that I had 2 C&P's on that day)..I think it was positive for me..She was concerned about my insomnia, lack of social contacts, altercations at work and my suididal tendencies that I went through before current meds..We discussed my history, what I did and saw in the Gulf War etc, etc...It took about an hour and a half......Today when I went to my normal psych appointment (different doc), she told me that she has diagnosed me as having Major Depressive Disorder, PTSD, and Pain disorder..Along with the Substance Dependency caused by the chronic pain................My question now is how much longer will it take for me to hear something from the RO about the claim.....I also had another C&P the same day for a different day....I know these claims will go back to at least May 2008 when I made the PTSD claim..So I understand that it is just building..Am I looking at another year or just a couple of months......Thanks in advance....Grid
Edited by cowgirl

• HadIt.com Elder

C&P signal the end is near. I think that the 60 to 90 day is a good estimate from Kilo.

Good Luck.

OK, went and pulled my records from the local outpatient clinic....They have my latest writeup from my normal psych appt on 31 Mar 10......

AXIS I; MJ abuse in SFR. MDD .PTSD

AXISII; none

AXIS III; arthritis with joint pain, OSA, gout

AXIS IV; recent VA declined C&P exam, job related stress

AXISV; GAF Score: 55

Looking back over my notes since early this year I also had a GAF of 50 at one time..The other AXIS's were almost the same...In Doctors notes are referrences to social isolation, problems with social interactions at work, Being severely depressed, Sleep problems, flashbacks and nightmares and the need for pain management.And all references show and refer to depression and pain management....They didn't give me a copy of my C&P exam results...I don't know if they are unavailiable or what..The MJ abuse is past tense..Am clean and plan to stay that way..But both my normal psych and the one I saw for the C&P said they understood why I was self treating with MJ to control pain and be able to sleep....So hopefully since I have had the C&P done I will hear something is the next 60 to 90 days......The other C&P I had that day may tie into this one because it was for my wrist and both knees, all of which cause me constant pain..So now I will just be patient and wait.......Thanks again for the responses