VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)

Rate this question

DuRock

Question

I have had PAD since 1999, has anyone ever heard if this has been considered as an Agent Orange presumptive? And should I go ahead and file on this since it is so close to the IHD conditions and is even mentioned in the new posting.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Chuck is correct

"PAD

According to the proposed Ischemic Heart disease regs, it's not. It is, according to medical references, related to Diabetes. The VA likes to deny as secondary to Diabetes. "

If there is evidence that you definitely have IHD then the PAD should be service connected as secondary to it-unless they try to fgind some other etiology with full medical rationale.

I commented on this under the proposed reg and made 2 other points at the Regs Federal Register site- dont know if my comment is there yet-

"1.The definition of Ischemic heart disease, relying on Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine ( 2008 Edition on line per the regulation) isconcise enough for VA to properly identify and rate IHD even though the medical records could show a different nomenclature that means the same disability. The regulation, on page 5 of 20,separates HTN, PAD, and CVA from inclusion in the specific IHD regulations.

However the VA could (and should) infer any of these or other known medical conditions with an IHD etiology, that appear in the veteran's medical records, and establish a proper secondary service connected rating for them, if they raise to a compensable level,when they resolve these AO claims."

Berta

Thanks for the comments, I think I will be waiting until the smoke clears and see how they handle my IHD claim then file later for PAD with relation to IHD. Dont want to gum the works up to much right now.

Thanks Again

DuRock

I have had severe adema in my legs with huge amount of swelling, expecially 2008. I took lots of diuretic to remove lots of water...

I take some Furosemide often..

The swelling isn't real bad now.. but the burning is increasing..

feels like my legs are sunburned..

Peripheral Artery Disease must be getting worse... (though they never said I have PAD, I do have Thrombosis of some veins in my liver..

I am sick of telling the doctors about problems.. as I finally got a couple months of rest on not being at the hosptial constantly..

I do not have diabetes.. but do have necratizing pancreatitis.

note: I never had contact with agent orange (that I know of..) as I was never in Vietnam..

Edited by retiredat44