VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Reps Problem

Berta

Question

The check is in the mail.

If I had not been aware of this benefit(my former reps didn't have a clue as to what it was - although it is part of every DIC app)-for those widows or widowers who meet the criteria-

and if I had not raised some Hell yesterday-with the VA -I could have lost this benefit and the retro cash!

The regs were on my side -that is all I needed.

Actually the problem started when they lost my app twice but I am used to that-and the VA approved this in January but some dope tried to tell me I had been denied.

His VA supervisor was just wonderful and knew right away that I should have gotten this benefit months ago.And he saw to it that I will get an award letter and the money.

Another case of the VA having all of the evidence they needed ,and approved this, yet managed to stall payment of what is mine.

Guess they hoped I would drop dead.

We all have to stay as healthy as we can to spite them!

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

congratulations! Keep up the good fight!

• HadIt.com Elder
The check is in the mail.

If I had not been aware of this benefit(my former reps didn't have a clue as to what it was - although it is part of every DIC app)-for those widows or widowers who meet the criteria-

and if I had not raised some Hell yesterday-with the VA -I could have lost this benefit and the retro cash!

The regs were on my side -that is all I needed.

Actually the problem started when they lost my app twice but I am used to that-and the VA approved this in January but some dope tried to tell me I had been denied.

His VA supervisor was just wonderful and knew right away that I should have gotten this benefit months ago.And he saw to it that I will get an award letter and the money.

Another case of the VA having all of the evidence they needed ,and approved this, yet managed to stall payment of what is mine.

Guess they hoped I would drop dead.

We all have to stay as healthy as we can to spite them!

Well, Berta, as those of my descent have a fondness of saying: MAY YOU LIVE TO BE 120!

Berta,

I have been off the board for a while - did you ever get all of your VA claims rated properly and get your retro pay? Have the VSOs who did you wrong been brought to justice?

Hoping everything has settled out for you in your favor by now. I know you've been fighting the VA since I was working my claim years ago.

Let me know what the status is on all your claims.

Take care,

TS Snave

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta;

I am very happy and I think that your determination and the knowledge you have learned is most impressive.

There is no telling how many widows that you have helped both here on Hadit and other Veteran places.

I think that there is something very wrong with the VA System where it makes the claimant responsibly for asking the right question, citing the rules and pretty much doing the work that VA should do on their own initiative.

Some of these lazy azz VA Councilors should be going out in the community and nursing homes and telling spouses that they may qualify for VA benefits.

I still have fond memories of how you started and got help from many including the famous tutorial of how to cut and paste.

I also want to thank you for helping Claimants get organized and prepared with CFR's suggestions on how to and encouragement.

here here!

Berta, great news from a great inspiring person. Does this claim finalize your claims, or do you still have some up your sleeve?

Your dedication and devotion to all hadit members cannot be covered with just a "thank you" but I'm sending one your way along with a "god bless"! You are the BOMB!! :D :huh: :D :blink: