VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ao Rules - Disagree On Posted Comment For Ihd

Rate this question

JRW

Question

There was a comment posted today, from someone on the proposed new regulations for IHD today. To come to the point, there are two things I disagree with this person on. They are:

1. Vietnam vets should be sorted out to determine those with the likelihood of more exposure than other Vietnam vets and those rated higher than other Vietnam vets. (I thought a C&P exam would do this)

2. More tests should be done.

I don't agree his methodology in the manner of sorting out Vietnam vets to try to determine who was more exposed than others. Also, we don't need anymore tests. Too many vets have died already just for us survivors to get to this point.

Below is an excerpt from this person. Like I said, I totally disagree here on this one.

"I served as an Infantryman, squad leader, in the US Army; 4th ID; 2/8th Inf.; Republic of Vietnam 1969-1970. I am a Registered Nurse. I hold a B.S. in Biochemistry. I was a claims examiner-processor in the Fen-Phen settlement case for over a year.

Given the aforementioned qualifications as a basis for my recommendations, I suggest that:1. The process for qualifying and processing claims with regard to cardio-pulmonary disease in the Fen-Phen case be studied so as to more objectively, efficiently, and justly process claims with regard to Agent Orange and Ischemic Heart Disease. 2. Those more likely to have been exposed on a daily basis to Agent Orange in Vietnam, example Infantryman, should receive both a greater presumption of Ischemic Heart Disease related to the same, a greater presumption of acute and long term adverse affects related to the same, and; as a result, a greater disability rating. 3. The Biochemical and Bio-mechanical adverse affects on cardiac tissues may vary based upon other unique stressors placed upon those exposed to the same while in Vietnam. That is, those more likely to be exposed to a variety of chemical, environmental, physical, and emotional stressors (infantryman for example) and more likely to demonstrate signs and symptoms of ACS acute coronary syndrome (unstable angina, myocardial infarction related to the same than those while in Vietnam, were not so exposed. 4. There may need to be studies demonstrating and elucidating the unique adverse biophysical, and biochemical on the heart by Agent Orange, a person, such as more appropriate diagnosis and treatment of the same can be instituted."

Below is the website where you can read up on the comments.

http://www.regulations.gov/search/Regs/home.html#docketDetail?R=VA-2010-VBA-0005

I am also not the least bit impressed with this person's "aforementioned qualifications". Now if he worked for the Institute of Medicine on the VA IHD study, I might think differently. But, this is a free country, I guess. Your thoughts???????

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

JRW I agree with you. The Phenphen fiasco is a totally different situation based on the amount of meds (Controlled) and prescribed.

The illnesses are different. Pulmonary HTN is a terrible deadly disease that is fatal at some point and there is no cure or many treatments available.

J