VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The Plot Thickens....

Rate this question

Quibley

Question

The plot thickens....

It's been several days since I was told that the results of the two neuropsych tests I took were turned in to MES solutions. Well, here it is a few days later and MES and the VA are telling me that the results have still not been forwarded to VA.

Naturally, I've been on the horn to MES very politely asking why and when. Here's what I've found out.

During my PTSD C&P, in January, with the contracted MES clinical psychologist, I told her of difficulties that I had with sensitivity to light, numbness in my fingers, concentrating, memory and headaches. I told her that a lot of times in my scattered work history, If I am doing mass multi-tasking that I frequently fall apart. I get overwhelmed, which leads to anxiety, anger, frustration, melt-downs and sometimes I will just walk away. I also told her that the week prior to my PTSD exam, I had undergone an exam for TBI - also with MES. For whatever clinical reason, the Dr. ordered that I undergo neuropsychological testing in an attempt, I presume, to quantify some type of TBI damage.

I did the testing on March 11. Without going into too much detail, I can tell you that I did extremely well on the vocabulary/verbal questioning, poor on the numbers/immediate recall part and extremely poor on the geometric shapes/blocks part. I became so frustrated trying to make the blocks match the shapes that I just sort of broke down and started crying during the testing. I was told a few days ago that the results of the testing had been sent to the requesting doctor and that they would be forwarded to VA promptly.

Well, today I was told by MES, that there is some sort of a disagreement between the requesting doctor and the doctor who conducted the testing and his interpretation of the tests. I've been told once again to sit tight and keep waiting.

I sure wish things would speed up. I submitted my claim for PTSD and TBI a year ago this April.

Quib.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

March 12, 2008 - MES SOLUTIONS AWARDED VA CONTRACT TO ADMINISTER C&P EXAMS FOR VETERANS

MES Solutions Military and Veteran Affairs Officer

1-877-MES-VETS / 1-877-637-8387(Direct),

tony.defalco@messolutions.com

www.messolutions.com

or

Pam Woodside, Woodside and Associates, L.L.C.

713.629.1771 or pewoodside@sbcglobal.net

HOUSTON, TX (Monday May 12, 2008) - MES Solutions announced today the award of the Department of Veterans Affairs contract to administer Compensation and Pension (C&P) disability examinations to veterans. The contract covers six VA Regional Offices: Indianapolis, Indiana, Des Moines, Iowa, St. Louis, Missouri, Lincoln, Nebraska, Cleveland, Ohio and Waco, Texas.

As the recognized national leader in the areas of workers' compensation, disability, and auto liability medical evaluations, MES Solutions brings over 30 years of medical evaluation experience to assist the Department of Veterans Affairs in processing Compensation and Pension Disability Examinations.

J. Patrick Cohan, President and COO of MES Solutions, stated, "As a veteran-owned company MES Solutions is honored to have been selected for this important project. We are committed to bringing our reputation of quality and timeliness to the disability evaluation process for the Department of Veterans Affairs and to our deserving service men and women."

ABOUT MES SOLUTIONS - MES Solutions is a management service organization established in 1978 to provide legal, insurance, business, government and other entities direct access to multi-specialty examiners and reviewers with expertise in conducting independent medical evaluations, disability evaluations, peer review, and utilization management services. The first, oldest and largest organization of its type in the United States, MES Solutions is the only company accredited by the prestigious Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC) for Core Accreditation for IME Services. In addition, MES is also URAC Accredited in Health UM, Worker’s Compensation UM, and Independent Review.

Quibley,

I would post that as C&P from QTC, meaning a hired C&P examiner.

People will understand that better as there are tons of QTC groups that are contracted

to do C&P examinations.

jmho,

carlie

Quibley,

I would post that as C&P from QTC, meaning a hired C&P examiner.

People will understand that better as there are tons of QTC groups that are contracted

to do C&P examinations.

jmho,

carlie

Carly sorry, I didn't know what that meant. Could you move this post to its proper forum? Thanks.