VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd And Va Backpay

Rate this question

Gmann_2010

Question

Hello Everyone,

I just receive word from a doctor who stated she thought the VA may have to pay me back pay for misdiagnosing my condition which was originally (Adjustment Disorder 30%) to now (PTSD/Bi-Polar 70%). I was also informed by the SSA office, that I would receive back pay from the date I was listed as disabled and unable to work due to my disabilities. Is this all true? And if so, where could/would I find out more information regarding these issues?

Thanks to All, and God bless!

Gmann_2010

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Hello Everyone,

I just receive word from a doctor who stated she thought the VA may have to pay me back pay for misdiagnosing my condition which was originally (Adjustment Disorder 30%) to now (PTSD/Bi-Polar 70%). I was also informed by the SSA office, that I would receive back pay from the date I was listed as disabled and unable to work due to my disabilities. Is this all true? And if so, where could/would I find out more information regarding these issues?

Thanks to All, and God bless!

Gmann_2010

Gmann,

VA compensates for one MH disability, pretty much no matter what name (diagnosis)

it falls under.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Noticed you said 'maybe' about the percentages, do you have a claim for increase in?

As far as the SSA office, what did they give you that confirms they will back date your disability? I take it you already have a SSA claim in?

Wishing you all the best,

Cowgirl'up,2,3,4....

"I just receive word from a doctor who stated she thought the VA may have to pay me back pay for misdiagnosing my condition which was originally (Adjustment Disorder 30%) to now (PTSD/Bi-Polar 70%)"

It is unusual that a VA doctor would admit a vet has been diagnosed.With MH issues it can certainly happen and at no faul;t of the VA sometimes.

Where did the 70% idea come from?

Have you ever formally claimed PTSD? Or Bi polar?

They only pay for one mental disability so they could change their diagnosis but the % depends on how much the disability disables you.

If SSA majes an award they will often go back ether to the date of opnset of total disability- or last day of employment due to disability. I dont think they go back further than one year regardless of the date they give you.

:D Question

If a veteran is rated 100 for PTSD can he be rated for another sc such as IHD. What would be the impact as far as compensation. He passed away November 2003. I have had his case opened since December 2003 for PTSD sc for death. He was in Vietnam for 3-4 years during his tour of duty. He death was result of IHD/CHD.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sandra, I suggest a seperate (new) post for the specific question and possible comments.

best to ya,

Cowgirl

Question

If a veteran is rated 100 for PTSD can he be rated for another sc such as IHD. What would be the impact as far as compensation. He passed away November 2003. I have had his case opened since December 2003 for PTSD sc for death. He was in Vietnam for 3-4 years during his tour of duty. He death was result of IHD/CHD.

Does any one have any comments on this matter?

Edited by cowgirl