VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Help With Iu Claim Question

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hello I was disabaled from Civ Job as a result of PTSD Non SC but the question I have is that the PTSD affects my SC connected Hypertension to the point I get stressed out and boom my blood pressure goes through the roof. I also was retired due to headaches Listed as Vascular in nature (migraines) I am SC for that also secondary to SC hypertension. I try not to submit a claim tough as it is getting it through with the wall I have to climb now trying to get IU. I am 80% now 60% Hypertenisive heart disease 30% Mighraines 10% Degenrative disc disease and 10% Hearing. I have fought the Iu for 2 years so far and I recently had a C/P exam since I am waiting for Surgery on my back through the VA as I have 4 disc that the VA is wanting to replace and fuse with rods and hardware. I was diagnosed with IVDS as my back got worse about two years ago and my pain meds really wipe me out. I hope to get a civ nuero surgeon to write me an IMO looking at my current back condition pre surgery to get the people at the VA to look at present condition. I explained to exam doc that I am limited in bending over (checked with Gynometer) and no range of motion forward or sideways due to pain. I can understand why people get so pissed off with the way the VA tries to deny claims that are so obvious. Any Ideas on if I should put in claims for the headaches and Effects of PTSD on my hypertension. I have like 3 or 4 migraines a month. I know it is common sense claim but common sense does not seem to be widely used when it comes to some claims. If I get do get the surgeon to help me with the claim I think I am okay just not to sure about the other claims. Adios and thanks.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Just curious but why isn't the PTSD service connected?

pr

Hello I was disabaled from Civ Job as a result of PTSD Non SC but the question I have is that the PTSD affects my SC connected Hypertension to the point I get stressed out and boom my blood pressure goes through the roof. I also was retired due to headaches Listed as Vascular in nature (migraines) I am SC for that also secondary to SC hypertension. I try not to submit a claim tough as it is getting it through with the wall I have to climb now trying to get IU. I am 80% now 60% Hypertenisive heart disease 30% Mighraines 10% Degenrative disc disease and 10% Hearing. I have fought the Iu for 2 years so far and I recently had a C/P exam since I am waiting for Surgery on my back through the VA as I have 4 disc that the VA is wanting to replace and fuse with rods and hardware. I was diagnosed with IVDS as my back got worse about two years ago and my pain meds really wipe me out. I hope to get a civ nuero surgeon to write me an IMO looking at my current back condition pre surgery to get the people at the VA to look at present condition. I explained to exam doc that I am limited in bending over (checked with Gynometer) and no range of motion forward or sideways due to pain. I can understand why people get so pissed off with the way the VA tries to deny claims that are so obvious. Any Ideas on if I should put in claims for the headaches and Effects of PTSD on my hypertension. I have like 3 or 4 migraines a month. I know it is common sense claim but common sense does not seem to be widely used when it comes to some claims. If I get do get the surgeon to help me with the claim I think I am okay just not to sure about the other claims. Adios and thanks.

Just curious but why isn't the PTSD service connected?

pr

I was hurt pretty bad in a fight thought I was fine until I started having problems with crowds got the shakes violently ill projectile vomiting pretty nasty. I starting walling myself off from others the whole nine yards. I had always thought it would happen to others but not me. Now I am on the outisde of life looking in. Hate to say it but it kind of makes life simple for me. Sucks for the family old friends but after a while it eats you or you eat it. I have tried everything only thing keeps me in check is a strict schedule and I read a lot. You can live a life inside a book. A cop that can no longer handle crowds is about as useless as a screen door on a sub. Now I am handling life one day at a time. I do know now what so many others go through everyday being one of them myself the effects of PTSD do not go away with the issuance of a check or for me only 9 years worth of time still have my good and bad days. Any ideas shoot as I have a free schedule. Adios..