VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wrong Diagnostic Code

Rate this question

*Bergie*

Question

Listen to this,

Earlier I got a phone call from the VARO. I filed a NOD regarding a denial for "swelling in my lower legs" that was eventually diagnosed as chronic venous insufficiency. It would seem that acording to them my condition matches "sciatic nerve paralysis". They claim that when they put it into the computer that is what it closely matched up to. I don't for the life of me see how they got that but they said that is what they are rating it under. I was unable to really talk so unfortunately I couldn't ask them about matching the symptoms up with a vascular condition such as vericose veins. Which it actually matches up with. I'm now going to have to request a DRO hearing to try to get my point accross to them. This really sucks

Bergie

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

curious = do you have sciatic nerve condition also? Honestly I'm envious but happy you recieved a call from the VARO and they discussed your NOD condition with you. What did your comp exam show?? Just thinkin aloud, because I have SC lumbar(sciatic) issues and varicose veins - rated under different diagnosis codes.

Best to ya,

Cowgirl'up.2.3.4.....

Listen to this,

Earlier I got a phone call from the VARO. I filed a NOD regarding a denial for "swelling in my lower legs" that was eventually diagnosed as chronic venous insufficiency. It would seem that acording to them my condition matches "sciatic nerve paralysis". They claim that when they put it into the computer that is what it closely matched up to. I don't for the life of me see how they got that but they said that is what they are rating it under. I was unable to really talk so unfortunately I couldn't ask them about matching the symptoms up with a vascular condition such as vericose veins. Which it actually matches up with. I'm now going to have to request a DRO hearing to try to get my point accross to them. This really sucks

Bergie

curious = do you have sciatic nerve condition also? Honestly I'm envious but happy you recieved a call from the VARO and they discussed your NOD condition with you. What did your comp exam show?? Just thinkin aloud, because I have SC lumbar(sciatic) issues and varicose veins - rated under different diagnosis codes.

Best to ya,

Cowgirl'up.2.3.4.....

Hey Cowgirl,

I do have an injury to the sciatic nerve but that claim was denied about 5 years ago, because they claim I have no documentation. I do have a doctors note from 25 years ago diagnosing lumbar strain, but I really injured it much worse when I fell out of the back of a 7 ton truck in Iraq. I'll be persuing this in the future, because I recently located a doctor that was present when I fell and who treated me on scene. I plan to contact him and along with striking up our friendship again, I will ask him to provide a letter verifying my injury.

The way I was able to speak to the VARO was by calling the 1-800# and asking them to put in an "inquiry" pertaining to my NOD. It worked, but took 2 weeks. You should try it maybe you'll have good luck as well.

Hope this helps and thanks for the input,

Bergie

• HadIt.com Elder
Hey Cowgirl,

I do have an injury to the sciatic nerve but that claim was denied about 5 years ago, because they claim I have no documentation. I do have a doctors note from 25 years ago diagnosing lumbar strain, but I really injured it much worse when I fell out of the back of a 7 ton truck in Iraq. I'll be persuing this in the future, because I recently located a doctor that was present when I fell and who treated me on scene. I plan to contact him and along with striking up our friendship again, I will ask him to provide a letter verifying my injury.

The way I was able to speak to the VARO was by calling the 1-800# and asking them to put in an "inquiry" pertaining to my NOD. It worked, but took 2 weeks. You should try it maybe you'll have good luck as well.

Hope this helps and thanks for the input,

Bergie

I smell a Big time CUE claim here Mike.

John

I smell a Big time CUE claim here Mike.

John

John,

I'm really gonna try to avoid it, but yeah I can see it happening.

Thanks buddy,

Bergie