VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nexus Letter

Rate this question

Cm Burns

Question

I wanted ask you guys opinion of my nexus. I just got it today from My doctor. I will give you a brief and you tell me if the strength of it is sufficient.

Thnx in advance.

---------------------

treated for ptsd and depression as a result of a military sexual trama that occured shortly after she entered the army, as well as several which occured later.

GAF -- 48

Has symptons, including intrusive memories, physical reactions, flashbacks, and distress when something reminds her of the events; avoidance symptoms, including numbness, and a sense of foreshortened future; and arousal symptoms, including difficulty falling or staying asleep. also has irritability with difficulty concentrating. Other symptoms mentioned were hypervigilance and an exaggerated startle reflex.

Mentioned my panic attacks and said how they make it hard for me to come to appiontments ect. He closed by saying that my symptoms do affect me in my every day life.

I wanted to get you guys opinion of how you think it would help my case.

... If you remember i mentioned my military records being lost and so I am having to do what ever I can to prove my case to them. My doctor said my info is also very well documetned in my file.

Any info is appreciated. I do realize there are no guarantee's but I am just wanted to do the best I can to get things done.

Thnx in advance.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The more letters you can generate that describe personality change the better. I think you have an uphill battle since there is no proof of anything actually happening. How long has it been since the incident and since discharge?

Would that be good for support of claim and proof of stressor. I did not really tell anyone the main incudent that occured.

Cm,

Did you complete and submit a copy of The Statement In Support for PTSD Due To Personal Assault?

Did you name the perp on it or provide information such as what happened, when and where,

the unit you and/or the perp were assigned to etc...?

If you did not do this here is a link for it.

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-0781a-ARE.pdf

carlie

Cm,

Did you complete and submit a copy of The Statement In Support for PTSD Due To Personal Assault?

Did you name the perp on it or provide information such as what happened, when and where,

the unit you and/or the perp were assigned to etc...?

If you did not do this here is a link for it.

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-0781a-ARE.pdf

carlie

I did that form and turnred in the details of 3 seperate incidents. its has been several years and I am afraid that there are not a lot of people around that i know from then.. a person i have known all my life. One girl in my unit was dead. I cannot find anyone from ait. My assualt was in ait. I dont know I am trying to do the best I can and trying to grasp at anything else i can get to make it a stronger case. I did not report for several reason my assault. i can have maybe even my mom write a letter for me but I am looking for more soldiers/professionals that treated me to help with the stressor. I am still trying but dont want to be turned down.