VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Presumptive Within One Year

Rate this question

iraqrecall

Question

Ok maybe I am just dumb but heres my question.

If a disability is claimed with in one year of discharge is it considered presumptive?

I have had some medical problems arise after discharge but prior to one year but have been denied because of no nexus in my active duty medical records.

• Answers 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Recall thank you for your service. Wow Viet Nam till now a long time.

• HadIt.com Elder

Iracrecall

Do you remember the 1st Aviation Brigade in Vietnam? I was with them for a while. I can't believe they called you back to serve in Iraq forth years later. You pilots in Nam were the best in the world. I assume you flew at treetop level with gunship overhead to come in and kill those crazy enough to shot at you.

I posted somewhere this AM as to what the chronic Presumptive reg means and that the "one year" means that a successful claim if awarded with get day after discharge as the EED for the retro.

Chronic presumptives are due to a liberalizing law and many reps (and the VA too) do not understand what this type of presumptive disability is.There is a list. The VA holds to the list.

However a claim for direct SC instead of presumptive can be awarded too within the first year after service.

I posted somewhere this AM as to what the chronic Presumptive reg means and that the "one year" means that a successful claim if awarded with get day after discharge as the EED for the retro.

Chronic presumptives are due to a liberalizing law and many reps (and the VA too) do not understand what this type of presumptive disability is.There is a list. The VA holds to the list.

However a claim for direct SC instead of presumptive can be awarded too within the first year after service.

The info you need is in this post I made this morning:

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?show...mp;#entry199615

Iracrecall

Do you remember the 1st Aviation Brigade in Vietnam? I was with them for a while. I can't believe they called you back to serve in Iraq forth years later. You pilots in Nam were the best in the world. I assume you flew at treetop level with gunship overhead to come in and kill those crazy enough to shot at you.

Do I ever! I was assigned to the 117th AHC out a Plantation not too far from Saigon!

I retired from the reserves in 2006 because I hit age 60 and then voluntered to be recalled.

Got picked up by the 34th CAB. Was the Oldest guy in the entire task force 34. They even mentioned it in their tour book.

http://www.minnesotanationalguard.org/asse...dOfTourBook.pdf

It's been a long ride!

Do I ever! I was assigned to the 117th AHC out a Plantation not too far from Saigon! http://www.117thahc.org/roster.htm#E

I retired from the reserves in 2006 because I hit age 60 and then voluntered to be recalled.

Got picked up by the 34th CAB. Was the Oldest guy in the entire task force 34. They even mentioned it in their tour book.

http://www.minnesotanationalguard.org/asse...dOfTourBook.pdf

It's been a long ride!