VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Old Decision

Rate this topic

I filed original claim in 99, amongst other things I claimed Schizoid Personality Disorder as this clearly listed in my medical records as a diagnosis and after the VA's independant evaluation it was denied. Recently went for an IMO for depression and was listed as Schizoid Personality Disorder. In light of the new law which gives a veterans own Dr the final opinion over the QTC Doctors can I reopen this claim?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder
I filed original claim in 99, amongst other things I claimed Schizoid Personality Disorder as this clearly listed in my medical records as a diagnosis and after the VA's independant evaluation it was denied. Recently went for an IMO for depression and was listed as Schizoid Personality Disorder. In light of the new law which gives a veterans own Dr the final opinion over the QTC Doctors can I reopen this claim?

x

x

x

Personality D/O is not compensated.

However, Depression is a compensatable disorder.

~Wings

In light of the new law which gives a veterans own Dr the final opinion over the QTC Doctors can I reopen this claim?

nsallies,

This new law that you are referring to - please post a link to enlighten us.

Thanks,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

You need a diagnosis of schizophrenia or depression that you can link to your service. What DX did you get in the service? What kind of discharge did you get? You might be able to get a DX of residuals of schizophrenia which means you don't have to be psychotic. The schizoid PD is not compensable. It means you have chacteristics of schizophrenia but not the actual disorder. It is a fine line. In the military if you are not chewing the carpet they will often give a PD diagnosis.

I filed original claim in 99, amongst other things I claimed Schizoid Personality Disorder as this clearly listed in my medical records as a diagnosis and after the VA's independant evaluation it was denied.

nsallies,

Can you scan or post word for word, exactly what the 1999 Rating Decision

states in the Reasons and Bases Section to support their denial ?

Don't post info like real name, address or SSA number.

That would be helpful.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

That whole personality disorder diagnosis for everyone so they don't have to pay drives me crazy. They will diagnose a person with 15 years in service with "Adjustment Disorder."