VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Old Decision

Rate this topic

Berta, I am 50% SC for Depression,Anxiety & Agoraphobia and 30% for Severe Migraines. I have not been able to obtain a job since @005. I applied for TDIU because I cant even get a job a Mcdonalds as a janitor (work is work). The VA denied my TDIU claim stating I am employable. I tried Vocational Rehabilitation and although I am eligible they sent me a letter saying it was infeasable as my SC dissabilities would prevent me from gaining and keeping employment. I went for an IMO and it states "severe depression, anxiety.....severe occupational Issues" so I sent a NOD with the IMO and am still waiting.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Did you copy the Voc Rehab decision and have it included in your paperwork with NOD. That should get you the TDIU right there they can't disagree with themselves.

If I were you I would go to the VARO with copies of the Voc Rehab and talk to someone at the VARO about it.

Sad to say but the VA does not always read the C File.

If you can't get to VARO ask your Service Officer to have their people at the VARO hand walk the copy in and discuss with your rating officer.

Good Luck

In light of the new law which gives a veterans own Dr the final opinion over the QTC Doctors can I reopen this claim?

Does ANYONE know ANYTHING about this supposed,

'new law which gives a veterans own Dr the final opinion over the QTC Doctors ? '

I'm still not buying that there is any new regulation or law that states anything like this.

I would like a link if ANYONE knows of such a new law or regulation.

It would just get the million claim back-log, all caught up ~ lol.

jmho,

carlie

I had my DAV rep hand walk it in and she wrote back that the VARO will probably do a statement of case around may 2011..RRR..this is the case that originally I opened Aug 08. I wonder if I get a sympathetic US Senator to get involved if it would help? I talked to my area senator and he asked me to fill out a privacy release form for his office and he would get right on it. Would this be a wise choice?

• HadIt.com Elder

I know its frustrating but I don't think a Senator will help you. Just surprised that your DAV SO can be so precise?