VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Dm Ii

Rate this question

rotorhead

Question

Hello brother and sisters on hadit.com these are the results from last weeks C&P for DM II.

Problem; Diabetes II

Age at onset; 58

Circumstances and Initial Manifestations; The veteran began having high blood sugar readings in 2005.

He has developed Htn, severe CAD, and Peripheral Neuropathy and ED.

Course since onset; Stable.

Current Treatment; Oral Medication, (metformin 250mg) ADA Diet, and Exercise.

Does the veteran have Diabetes; Yes

Type of Diabetes; Type II

Potential Diabetes Complications Found: CAD, Htn, Kidney Disease, Neurologic Disease, "Other" Diabetic Conditions.

DIAGNOSTIC DETAILS OF POTENTIAL DIABETIC COMPLICATIONS:

Microalbuminuria

Is this a complication of Diabetes: Yes

Peripheral Polyneuropathy: L&R Feet, L&R Hands.

The veteran has developed the gradual onset of moderate to severe numbness, tingling, and burning pain in bilateral hands, toes and feet and medial aspect of mid-thighs.

He has failed two medications used for this condition and is currently on a third medication.

Course since onset: Progressively worse.

Hypertension

Erectile Dysfunction: Contributing cause, Diabetic Neuropathy due to Type II DM

The veteran has developed the gradual onset of progressive ED. This condition is now almost complete. He has failed oral medications.

This has moderate effect on relations with wife.

Effects of Diabetes on daily activities:

Chores: Moderate

Sports: Prevents

Exercise: Severe

Travel: Moderate

Recreation: Moderate

Diet: Moderate

All in all I think I had a good evaluation from the C&P Examiner. My first impression was that I was deep dodo, so just goes to show you that you shouldn't jump to conclusions. Appointment in AM at private eye Doc for Retinopathy.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You got to be really careful about any injuries to your feet since you may not feel it. Your wound may not heal quickly since that is a part of DmII. You get separate ratings for all the secondary conditions. You get a 0% rating for EED, but you can get SMC for that. The severe CAD needs to be attended to since this is a major complication of DmII.

Rotorhead-- Don't know what you'll get for the neuropathy but you will probably only get 10% for DMII on oral only.

Hello brother and sisters on hadit.com these are the results from last weeks C&P for DM II.

Problem; Diabetes II

Age at onset; 58

Circumstances and Initial Manifestations; The veteran began having high blood sugar readings in 2005.

He has developed Htn, severe CAD, and Peripheral Neuropathy and ED.

Course since onset; Stable.

Current Treatment; Oral Medication, (metformin 250mg) ADA Diet, and Exercise.

Does the veteran have Diabetes; Yes

Type of Diabetes; Type II

Potential Diabetes Complications Found: CAD, Htn, Kidney Disease, Neurologic Disease, "Other" Diabetic Conditions.

DIAGNOSTIC DETAILS OF POTENTIAL DIABETIC COMPLICATIONS:

Microalbuminuria

Peripheral Polyneuropathy: L&R Feet, L&R Hands.

The veteran has developed the gradual onset of moderate to severe numbness, tingling, and burning pain in bilateral hands, toes and feet and medial aspect of mid-thighs.

He has failed two medications used for this condition and is currently on a third medication.

Course since onset: Progressively worse.

Hypertension

Erectile Dysfunction: Contributing cause, Diabetic Neuropathy due to Type II DM

The veteran has developed the gradual onset of progressive ED. This condition is now almost complete. He has failed oral medications.

This has moderate effect on relations with wife.

Effects of Diabetes on daily activities:

Chores: Moderate

Sports: Prevents

Exercise: Severe

Travel: Moderate

Recreation: Moderate

Diet: Moderate

All in all I think I had a good evaluation from the C&P Examiner. My first impression was that I was deep dodo, so just goes to show you that you shouldn't jump to conclusions. Appointment in AM at private eye Doc for Retinopathy.

Rotorhead,

I was awarded 20% for DM II with oral meds. I was taking metformin at the time, since I have started a second pill and may graduate to injections. I have nueropothy moderate in both hands and both feet as noted in my C & P exam. They gave me 10% for upper Bilateral and 0% for feet. I thought that I got low balled on the nueropathy, but it made me hit 100% with my other SC conditions. On my HTN I got 10% for my top number being above 160. For the Erectile Dysfunction, I got 0%, I am on Levetra, but I was awarded SMC K $96 a month. Hope this helps.

• HadIt.com Elder

Chief

I would fight that 0% rating for my feet for PN. I was denied for upper PN and granted 10% for feet. I appealed and got 10% for upper via a DRO hearing. You run a much bigger risk with PN of the feet from DMII. You don't hear too often of guys with DMII losing a hand from infections via PN, but you read about this being the case with PN and feet. I had a very minor procedure done on my foot. It has taken about 6 weeks for the damn thing to heal. That is part of DMII. I got a wound infection as well.

Brother Gate; yes I was in the RVN 1969-71. I have also had a C&P for IHD and was found to have a stress test of 3 mets or less with a LVF of 52. I was first denied heart disease in 2006. Filed new claim claiming IHD under the new presumptive rulings.

I just got back from my private eye doctor this am. He stated that though I don't have any retinopathy, I do have the beginnings of cataracts and macular degeneration in my right eye. How this plays out, will have to wait and see.

And the hits just keep on coming, I was just informed the the Hepatitis I had just after getting out in 1973,(was less than 30 days after separation and hospitalized in a V A hospital) is Type C. and is apparently active at this time. Been carrying this around for 37 years. Advised by the C&P examiner to file a claim for this too.