VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got My Letter From Surgeon Today For Iu

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Well here it is Nuerosurgeon has been treating me for several years and reviewed my latest MRI. MRI showed 3 level Degenartive disc disease (for which I am SC) and Herniated disc. it stated his opinion that I am not able to seek gainful employment due to SC back condition. Surgeon did state in his letter surgery will be needed to stabilize back with a 3 level lumbar fushion and decompression. Surgeon also stated any questions could be addressed to him about TDIU as it is in his opinion PT as back will only worsen with time. I know you all have more experience with claims for IU I would like any ideas if there is anything else I need? My current claim is at the appeal level asthey turned me down the first time. I faxed the letter to the appeals department at the VA today. Adios

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

MRI showed 3 level Degenartive disc disease (for which I am SC) and Herniated disc. it stated his opinion that I am not able to seek gainful employment due to SC back condition. Surgeon did state in his letter surgery will be needed to stabilize back with a 3 level lumbar fushion and decompression.

I think we have the same problem. They want to do a back fusion on myself as well. But I don't want to have it done as of yet because of my age, early 40's! Maybe in due time, but I don't know!

Anyway, IMO, I think that letter from the Neuro will help if not win your claim for IU!

Good Luck!

B6

I think we have the same problem. They want to do a back fusion on myself as well. But I don't want to have it done as of yet because of my age, early 40's! Maybe in due time, but I don't know!

Anyway, IMO, I think that letter from the Neuro will help if not win your claim for IU!

Good Luck!

B6

I have sat back and watched my kids actually watch other people play and interact with their own kids and then look at me. Not that I am feeling sorry for myself but I had to do something. I am also same age it sucks. I will advise if it works. Me I am just tired o hurting tried everything but moving maybe try that this winter as I swore never to live in cold weather again. Adios and please get a 2nd and a 3rd look by another Doc. It is a serious operation I am just at the end of my rope constant pain unable to dress etc. Have a good day shoot me an e-mail if you need anything..

I have sat back and watched my kids actually watch other people play and interact with their own kids and then look at me.

I know that feeling all to well!

As far as the fusion goes for me, I'm going to hang on and see what happens!

You do know that once you have a fusion, that the other discs above the fusion will start developing DJD or DDD in those areas. Just something to be mindful of, if I were you!

Good Luck again!

God Speed!

B6

• HadIt.com Elder
Well here it is Nuerosurgeon has been treating me for several years and reviewed my latest MRI. MRI showed 3 level Degenartive disc disease (for which I am SC) and Herniated disc. it stated his opinion that I am not able to seek gainful employment due to SC back condition. Surgeon did state in his letter surgery will be needed to stabilize back with a 3 level lumbar fushion and decompression. Surgeon also stated any questions could be addressed to him about TDIU as it is in his opinion PT as back will only worsen with time. I know you all have more experience with claims for IU I would like any ideas if there is anything else I need? My current claim is at the appeal level asthey turned me down the first time. I faxed the letter to the appeals department at the VA today. Adios

It is good. It is good that you FAX'd it, I tend to FAX everything that I get from any of my vets directly to the VARO in the area in which they live. Now, having said that:

MAIL IT IN, return receipt requested!

• HadIt.com Elder
It is good. It is good that you FAX'd it, I tend to FAX everything that I get from any of my vets directly to the VARO in the area in which they live. Now, having said that:

MAIL IT IN, return receipt requested!

The mail it in after the fax part is very important.