VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Got A Cnp Exam In 2 Weeks...

Rate this question

drgonzo

Question

Hello all. I have a claim pending here in hawaii for PTSD. i submited it nov09. I served in iraq during oif II. i did everyday route clrearing, raids, presence patrols, 10 min qrf, escourts, everyday infantry stuff. i was in the battel for samarra in the begining of october. i pulled a buddy out of a m2a3 bfv after a mortor rocked up while rolling out on a big mission. our forward operating base was under constant mortor and rocket attack. ive tried to get help from the va, and im getting treatment for a mild tbi from the mortor attack. when i was sent to mh, i was interview by 2 ppl who reccomended me for ferther care. i was then seen by a dr that wasent even from my state she then said there was no evidenc of ptsd although i was suffering. my neurologest suggested that i go back. will the fact that i didnt get a diagnosis for ptsd gonna hurt my claim? im on meds for headachs and anxity. my cnp exam is 4may10.....mahalo....aloha nui

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I recently went threw a C&P for PTSD in Hawaii. All went well for me but I had a diagnosis of PTSD when I was active. My claim went threw really fast atleast i think so. Started it in Jan and in April got the results. I would think you have a CAB or CIB? Those things will help. I am new to all this stuff I hope someone with more knowledge will chime in. You need to be going to the VA and telling and showing them you have problems!!!

Good luck with you C&P.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

If the RO sent you forms to describe stressors, be sure you fill them out and get them back to the VA. Try to be as detailed as possible, even if it is difficult. If you have to stop and start over, don't throw the old copies out. Be sure to explain the difficulty you had in filling out the forms...

and im getting treatment for a mild tbi from the mortor attack.

drgonzo

Welcome to Hadit.

Have you also filed a claim for the issue of TBI (DC 8045) ?

If yes, has it been adjudicated and what was the outcome ?

carlie

hay all thanks for the reply. yes i do have a cib. there was a problem with some of our orders in iraq, but our whole unit got them i can go through my old CO, whos now a major, assist me with that if theres a problem...i try to go to the va as much as i cani go every month for a check up and bi monthly to see the neruolgest. i dont drive due to 2 dui's, and i gotta ride the bus. and i work.... i will talk with my neurologest when i see him 30april10 about fililng a claim for tbi. maby ill ask the vfw for help with the tbi claim. back in january they sent me a packet that i had to fill out, listing my stressors. i just listed the ones that stood out. i got plenty more if they wanna interview and investigate. they asked the first names of the guys in the bradly crew that got blased 5 meters in from of me. i was able to track down all there names from social networking sites like myspace and facebook. im just nervous that there gonna look at my file and see no dx and dismiss me. i have already seen a adiologist thats was contracted by the va and said "you definatly had tinnitis" so maby i will at least get 10%.....mahalo.....aloha nui

• HadIt.com Elder
RE:CIB..."... there was a problem with some of our orders in iraq, but our whole unit got them i can go through my old CO, whos now a major, assist me with that if theres a problem...

Aloha, and welcome aboard, 'drqonxo'... Good luck with your upcoming C&P exam. We have many helpful HADIT members that can help you prevail with your PTSD claim. Do you have copies of your DD214?

Here is a link that will help you get a DD214 copy if you need one.

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-...ce-records.html

My most positive thoughts are with you.

Edited by Commander Bob

drgonzo,

Since you have a CIB it should not be necessary for VBA to do a stressor verification

as part of adjudicating your claim.

It will be of importance to try and concentrate when the examiner is asking questions

pertaining to how you feel PTSD effects your daily life.

carlie