VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gulf War Re-examination Limitation

Rate this question

dwragon

Question

:rolleyes: This may have already been commented on elsewere, but here goes. According to the Ass press, Shinski had promised to have the gulf War veterans claims re examined, however, according to a gulf war illness task force public release memo, (released March 29, 2010) this is, by the wording contained in the memo, limited to about 30,000 veterans who served only in the actual 90/91 conflict. If this is true, all gulf war veterans have again been victims of government lip service.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

:rolleyes: This may have already been commented on elsewere, but here goes. According to the Ass press, Shinski had promised to have the gulf War veterans claims re examined, however, according to a gulf war illness task force public release memo, (released March 29, 2010) this is, by the wording contained in the memo, limited to about 30,000 veterans who served only in the actual 90/91 conflict. If this is true, all gulf war veterans have again been victims of government lip service.

Your post belongs in the social chat forum as it is only your OPENION, and profanity is not tolerated on Hadit. Read the RULES...

Bergie

• HadIt.com Elder

Asociated press. Not Ass Press.

In order to clafify this they need to break it down by periods of service. Desert Shield / Desert Storm, Iraqi Feedom, ect.

However, This is bordering on political and political posts are not allowed here under any circumstances.

J

how do i get another exam done on me to see if i have any of the presumtive illness's? i had one in 1995 and had skin issues at that time.

how do i get another exam done on me to see if i have any of the presumtive illness's? i had one in 1995 and had skin issues at that time.

If you want an answer to this question you need to start your own thread.

• HadIt.com Elder

Chris:

Welcome to Hadit. Go to a VAMC and see a Service Officer they will help you start your claim.

Good Luck

Or you can write a letter and ask VARO and request Service Connection and start the ball rolling. You really need to ask what you want though. What are your symptoms and problems.

You will need to ask for it. each VA has it in a different place. Start with you doctor and ask him about getting a new gulf war exam. do not let them say you had one and can not get a new one. VA reg. states you can have a new one every time you feel something has changed.

You can email me at jim@ngwrc.org with the VA you are at, and I will let you know.