VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Had C & P Exam

Rate this question

slangpdx

Question

I had my exam for SC psych problems this week. I am feeling very apprehensive as the reviewer seemed to be very biased. They did not take many or any notes on all the things I was talking about to support my case, did not note that a civilian pscy I was referred to had been located and mailed a letter. When I referred to what appeared to be about seven pages of mental health visits in my records they said 'they didn't make many notes' - of course not, since these were two-striper technicians for the most part, and not modern doctors dictating reports.

Near the end of the exam I mentioned something about a friend that had nothing to do with my family history and they noted it apparently in relation to alcoholism in family, then got up and left the room to indicate that the meeting was over.

Can I get a copy of whatever report they write? I was told by my vet rep at the state office of vet affairs that we can review the exam and request another if it was not done properly.

• Answers 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder
hahahahaha...Hello Commander!

Love the pic of a clown...and it kind of reminds me of the last dingbat that examined me.

"You can sort it out later. Unless you don't really want to prevail."

I do want to prevail, but as I'm sure you are aware, 35+ years of negative notes in your file, can be quite impossible to get any doctor to listen to you.

They all review what was said prior to your visit, and it appears that they just utilize their own wording in rendering their opinion.

The last Clown that examined me, threw in a really damning comment, when she said that she didn't understand how I was awarded a disability rating to begin with?!

This pissed me the hell off! I went in with pins in my hip, they accepted me with such, I injured myself while on active duty, and they discharged me in worst condition, than when I went in. One pin penetrated the joint space, I had arthritic conditions and atrophy.

So, you see, the VA is not thinking of my best interest in mind. They are desperately trying to deny rather than approve. You know THIS to be FACT.

Look how many others are going through the same bullsh*t on this board? It is quite depressing to see what others are going through here. I grit my teeth with some of the stories here.

One last thing here...

If the VA sees that no one is willing to step up and do something, then it's business as usual with these scumbags!

Look at the sh*t that I went through in this past month with this lying SOB! That's proof right there.

They want us to give up. That's why they do what they do.

I understand. Just going near a VAMC triggers my PTSD.

LOL. Sorry, but the vets don't rally that easy. I have been on the committees of many "Rally the Troop" projects, over the last 40 years. Good Luck!!!

Just go to the C&P exam and complain about it later.

And WTF is THAT supposed to imply? Do you find this amusing? I find your lack of concern quite disturbing.

What do you think Veterans for Common Sense is trying to do, while you just sit on your ass, and "Hope" for the best, because "That's the Way the Bureaucracy Works"? You seem content at the business as usual mentality.

What committees were you on to "Rally the Troops"?...and for exactly what cause?

Finally, your sarcasm is not appreciated. I sir, am not a committee, so at least grant me the common courtesy, and at least advise, as opposed to mocking as a child would do. At least I possess the balls to go at it alone! My methods may be crude, but I'm not going to just stand by, as you appear to be doing! :D

• HadIt.com Elder

Hollywood

I got SC'ed in 1971. The VA has called me every name in the book over the years. They have accused me of fraud. They denied my Vietnam service. They said I was a sociopath. Then excluded evidence and included false evidence. They misrepresented and twisted my own positive evidence until my own doctor did not recognize what he had written on my behalf. I spent three weeks in the VA nuthouse in 1972, and the VA never asked if I was employed, but just assumed I was so they could ignore obvious IU claim. You just have to stay the course and batter down the doors to the vault. I hate them just as bad as you do. We all hate the VBA pretty much I think. As you know it was worse a few decades ago. Remember the 70's when the only people who used the VA were the destitute and the drunks.

• HadIt.com Elder
And WTF is THAT supposed to imply? Do you find this amusing? I find your lack of concern quite disturbing.

I have been in the trenches for the vets,for many decades. I have helped produce many rallies and marches over the last 40 years... I have marched from the ALAMO to DC, in support of the vets. I have traveled the world helping vets etc... I apologize if I have offended you. I did not mean to. Look, I'm on your side...

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

What Bob is trying to say is that organizing vets is like herding cats. Half of the vets are too apathetic to even vote. 25% think the VA is great and 25% think the VA is the tool of the devil. I am on the devil's side. Vets should have marched on DC and burned it down during and after Vietnam. They should have turned the guns around on leaders who wasted them in war without end. Nothing much happened as an army was left to die. I have little faith in veteran's doing anything in an organized way to help themselves. Hadit is about the best thing vet groups have to offer.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hollywood:

You were warned about refusing a C&P and what would or could happen. You can take it as written in stone that your claim has been denied.

My suggestion is that you need to request another C&P and explain that you were misinformed or that you misunderstood your options.

You broke half a dozen rules on Hadit but I am to tired to fix and sort things out.

I know that you are angry and that you feel betrayed but if your review this entire thread you will see that Hadit has your back.

I would call the C&P Department at your VAMC and request that they set up another C&P Exam and go to it.

Pete