VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Concerned

Rate this question

East

Question

I'm troubled because I am HYT 8 years. I have major issues with my left knee and problems with flat feet and lower back problems. The reason why I haven't made rank because I have PTSD. It’s been a struggle with my PTSD because I keep forgetting stuff and the majority of time I don't care about nothing.

I am being boarded for OA in my left knee and bilateral flat feet.

My question is since I am HYT over 8 years will the MEB just dismiss my case discharge without benefits or award me a low rating since I am HYT???

I have posted at the PEB and MEB site but I am hoping maybe someone on this site has been through the same situation as I. Thank you

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I dont think the HYT comes into play when you are MEB boarded.

I would think the MEB would be relying only on medical evidence.

Are you formally diagnosed with PTSD and being treated while in service?

If so, is the PTSD part of the MEB ,in your case?

Whatever the Mil rates you- you would have chance when VA rates you-to disagree with the rating.

I hope others chime in here with advise.

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm troubled because I am HYT 8 years. I have major issues with my left knee and problems with flat feet and lower back problems. The reason why I haven't made rank because I have PTSD. It’s been a struggle with my PTSD because I keep forgetting stuff and the majority of time I don't care about nothing.

I am being boarded for OA in my left knee and bilateral flat feet.

My question is since I am HYT over 8 years will the MEB just dismiss my case discharge without benefits or award me a low rating since I am HYT???

First of all, do you, in fact, have medically-documented PTSD? If so, what are the MEB saying about this issue?

AND, what are they saying about your knee(s) (make sure they look at the OTHER knee also) and your feet (and make sure they look at your ankles also, and your hips and lumbar spine as well. get 'em to make x-rays, don't "leave home without 'em"). Now, I'm not saying to make up any ficticious ailments, but, just to get the associated joints in your "locomotion" department documented as to their condition, okay.

• HadIt.com Elder

..............sorry Berta, I wuz typin when you wuz postin.........

We have ESP and DejaVu Larry------

But not PMS B)

Thank you Berta, and Larry for your replies.

Yes, I was diagnosed and its medically-documented as PTSD (MST). Yes, I do have ankle, both knees, back and both feet x ray. I do have have problems with the right side of my hip which is medically-documented.

As for PTSD the board will look at it but its secondary from my OA in my left knee and bilateral flat feet.

I am asking because a friend went to the formal board and the board members were asking questions about him not making rank. My friend said the interview went good but when the Board came back with his findings it was still 10%. My friend has a broken back and shoulder problems. My concern is the fact they asked him about him not making rank.

I've been struggling with my Left knee and flat feet. My doctor MED board me because the amount of arthritis I have in my left knee. Right now my left knee is bone to bone rubbing against its each other. My doc said I cannot do high impact activities no longer. Now, my feet and right knee is getting worse.

• HadIt.com Elder

If I were you I'd get an attorney specializing in military law. You can lose big time if you don't. jmo

pr

Thank you Berta, and Larry for your replies.

Yes, I was diagnosed and its medically-documented as PTSD (MST). Yes, I do have ankle, both knees, back and both feet x ray. I do have have problems with the right side of my hip which is medically-documented.

As for PTSD the board will look at it but its secondary from my OA in my left knee and bilateral flat feet.

I am asking because a friend went to the formal board and the board members were asking questions about him not making rank. My friend said the interview went good but when the Board came back with his findings it was still 10%. My friend has a broken back and shoulder problems. My concern is the fact they asked him about him not making rank.

I've been struggling with my Left knee and flat feet. My doctor MED board me because the amount of arthritis I have in my left knee. Right now my left knee is bone to bone rubbing against its each other. My doc said I cannot do high impact activities no longer. Now, my feet and right knee is getting worse.