VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Concerned

Rate this question

East

Question

I'm troubled because I am HYT 8 years. I have major issues with my left knee and problems with flat feet and lower back problems. The reason why I haven't made rank because I have PTSD. It’s been a struggle with my PTSD because I keep forgetting stuff and the majority of time I don't care about nothing.

I am being boarded for OA in my left knee and bilateral flat feet.

My question is since I am HYT over 8 years will the MEB just dismiss my case discharge without benefits or award me a low rating since I am HYT???

I have posted at the PEB and MEB site but I am hoping maybe someone on this site has been through the same situation as I. Thank you

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I was talking to my friend about his experince during his VA exams and he said he was touching his toes but in great pain when he did. And he mentioned during the formal board he played freeze bee (however you spell it) but he couldn't play for long because of his back and shoulder. During the interview they kept asking questions why you didn't make rank? The board was pounding the question why didn't you make rank? I don't want it to happen to me because I believe I should be able to get the 30% but stupid questions like that makes me worry.

Well, I believe he got rated low because during the VA exam he manged to touch his toes but he had lots of pain when performing the exericise. And the fact he mentioned playing freeze bee at his formal board interview.

________________________________________________________________________________

___

I had my VA exams for my MEB packet but I couldn't touch my toes and certian things I couldn't perform for the examier. When the Doc asked me, "How are you feeling?" I reply,"Not too good, I am taking it day by day."

I didn't like my PTSD exam because it only lasted 15 mins. My PTSD examiner asked the question why haven't I made rank... and I said I was so stress over the MST event that I didn't care. My emotions flip flop so one minute I will have emotions and the next I will feel nothing for no one or anything, so I don't care.

Before I sign the MEB packet to be sent to Washington I will make sure to review it the VA exmas and make sure everything is correct. Thanks you so much for your info.