VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange Examination

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I first of all do not like getting near a VA medical facility, but with encouragement from this site I decided to look into the AO Exam. To make a long story short, I filled out the required forms and along with my DD 214 mailed them to the VA Clinic here in San Antonio. This was returned as the post office said the clinic did not exist. Alright, so I mailed it to the main VA hospital, again it did not exist. The only reason that I mailed it instead of taking it myself is that I still work and own a Tax Practice. I was working 18 hour days. One day I left my regular job early (4:00PM) and drove to the VA Clinic. I was late. Here is where I made the cardinal error no Veteran should ever make. Go to a VA office alone. The VA personnel that I went to see of course had already left. So, what do I do just something so stupid that I could kick myself. A Government Security person ask me to give him the forms and he wlould put it on the VA person's desk. I wrote my contact number on the form. I have not heardx from the VA person, I have called several times no response. I realize most of this is my fault, but why does it have to be so hard?

Papa

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

To take the AO exam is call the main va hosp....ask were the test is given and have them make an appointment to take it.....all you need is a copy of your dd214, or your va card....the test consists of questions were you were in vietnam, and a blood test and x ray is given. You should receive a letter in a cople of weeks stating their findings..

When you go in for this exam tell them everything that is wrong down to the smallest detail that you can. This will be a baseline for you and any problems that may arise. If you have many health problems make a list before you go in and reference whenever needed so you get everything down.

I first of all do not like getting near a VA medical facility, but with encouragement from this site I decided to look into the AO Exam. To make a long story short, I filled out the required forms and along with my DD 214 mailed them to the VA Clinic here in San Antonio. This was returned as the post office said the clinic did not exist. Alright, so I mailed it to the main VA hospital, again it did not exist. The only reason that I mailed it instead of taking it myself is that I still work and own a Tax Practice. I was working 18 hour days. One day I left my regular job early (4:00PM) and drove to the VA Clinic. I was late. Here is where I made the cardinal error no Veteran should ever make. Go to a VA office alone. The VA personnel that I went to see of course had already left. So, what do I do just something so stupid that I could kick myself. A Government Security person ask me to give him the forms and he wlould put it on the VA person's desk. I wrote my contact number on the form. I have not heardx from the VA person, I have called several times no response. I realize most of this is my fault, but why does it have to be so hard?

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

The real reason they keep the AO registry is for purpose of using us as living lab rats to see our death and morbidity rates over time. However, I would get the exam regardless. We are still used as cannon fodder even forty years later. Doctors write reports to medical journals using this data so they can advance their careers while we drop down and die.