VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Any Advice ?

Rate this question

M_Cates

Question

Hi, A little background on me and my claim. I am 80% with the VA. I have had a partial right foot amputation and have been on 100% Temp. for 3 years with a 1 month break in each years. Myself and my VSO have been working with the state side of claims with my claim. Back in Feb.2010 the reginonal office sent word to my VSO to have me complete the IU paperwork and submit the claim (this was the RO idea ). I have already completed the C&P exam and my regional office has got the C&P report back and is evaluating it. Today I went to the B'ham VAMC and got a copy of my medical records and it had my C&P exam in it. I reviewed the C&P exam and this was a Gen. Med exam for unemployability and the Doctors exact words on the exam summary is "Due to this condition, Veteran is fully unemployable for Physical or Sedentary Labor ". That would seem like i should get it based of her report from the C&P exam but my question is , I am only rated on 30% for the RSD disability and 70% on another disability , They have not even rated the amputation as of yet. Can they still give me IU on a 30% disability even if the doctors and the C&P examiner say it is 100% disabling me and I cant work ? I am confused here and not sure what to expect, This IU claim was advised to me by my RG. Office. I am in Alabama

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You are probably fed up with the VA, but keep going for basic appointments, so you can document your continuing your 100%. You should probably file for SMC as well.