VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange And Ihd Claim

Rate this question

Donna

Question

My husband (a Viet Nam Vet) filed a claim on hearing loss and IHD in 2006. He has suffered 3 heart attacks since 1994 and the heart muscle has weakened to a point of needing an ICD implant in 2004. The claim for the heart disease was denied for not be SC and hearing loss was rated 10%. On 4-7-10 he filed a request to reopen his claim. We stated the reason as IHD related to AO and it is well documented in his files through private doctors. Two questions: the reply we recieved referenced CAD not IHD, I am thinking the reg states IHD includes CAD, am I right? and I have read that any vet having a ICD implant would receive a 100% rating, is that true? We are seeing a VCO Thursday. I need a place where we can ask questions.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

http://www.missourilegion.org/15-10%20ao%2...0march%2010.pdf

"I am thinking the reg states IHD includes CAD, am I right?"

That is exactly how I interpret these regs.

"My husband (a Viet Nam Vet) filed a claim on hearing loss and IHD in 2006."

Under the Nehmer Court Order and Stipulation that claim's date is his EED for retro.(it better be!)

Make sure VA remembers this claim was filed and denied.

Does he still have copy of the denial?

Edited by Berta

http://www.missourilegion.org/15-10%20ao%2...0march%2010.pdf

"I am thinking the reg states IHD includes CAD, am I right?"

That is exactly how I interpret these regs.

"My husband (a Viet Nam Vet) filed a claim on hearing loss and IHD in 2006."

Under the Nehmer Court Order and Stipulation that claim's date is his EED for retro.(it better be!)

Make sure VA remembers this claim was filed and denied.

Does he still have copy of the denial?

yes we have the denial letter. The claim was for IHD due to AO exposure. How do I make sure they remember the claim was denied? They refrenced the IHD and debrillator implant in their letter of denial of 2006. We are meeting with a VCO Thursday and we have sent in medical release forms for all the doctors and hospitals. When we requested the claim be reopened (supplemental) we told them then the claim was denied in 2006. I just want us to get all our ducks in a row, if you know what I mean. I want it done right the first go around, not have to appeal and beg.

"When we requested the claim be reopened (supplemental) we told them then the claim was denied in 2006."

That should do it -for them to apply Nehmer to the retro date.The denial would be in the C file.

Met with a VSO today, after looking over all our papers he said it would apply in Nehmer. They will be compelled to go back to 2006. With a AICD implant in 2004. I am thinking 100%..he agreed.