VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-file

Rate this question

stever

Question

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I requested my C-file in early Nov 2009 and filed some claims in late Dec 2009. I got reaponse back from one claim, but still waiting on others. I still have not received a copy of my C-file.

• HadIt.com Elder

Wings - no format, just request a copy, or updated copy, since previous request, in simple english. I make a general statement authorizing the release to me.

pr

x

x

x

PR, What's the format for requesting a copy of the claims-file? I'd better do that now to make sure the RO follows through on the referral of my CUE claim for development. Thanks. ~Wings

Welcome to Hadit and Thank you for your service to our country.

All I've read and learned, if a vets claim is in process, its not the best time tor request a copy. Do you have a particular and strong reason why you want a copy of your cfile just now? If not, wait until your claim is processed then submit. jmho

All the best to ya,

Cowgirl!

Welcome to Hadit and Thank you for your service to our country.

All I've read and learned, if a vets claim is in process, its not the best time tor request a copy. Do you have a particular and strong reason why you want a copy of your cfile just now? If not, wait until your claim is processed then submit. jmho

All the best to ya,

Cowgirl!

Edited by stever

• HadIt.com Elder

Vync, try IRIS inquiry - it may 'remind' them of your request. Or send a letter in repeating your request?

Sometimes I think things can get buried in paperwork or computer files. I know, if I don't follow up - no one is going to do it for me.

Best to ya,

Cg

I requested my C-file in early Nov 2009 and filed some claims in late Dec 2009. I got reaponse back from one claim, but still waiting on others. I still have not received a copy of my C-file.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

CG,

I would, but because my claims are in the ratings department, I don't want to hold them up.