VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd

Rate this question

Humble18C

Question

I haven't seen very many posts from combat soldiers. I submitted the VA PTSD form with two stressors; incident reports depicting the firefights, Bronze Star Valor with narrative description of actions on the objective and the Purple Heart. I have a CIB from previous action. Is this what the VA needs to validate a claim? Any idea of what I should expect from here going forward?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Phil

I went to a Vet's Center and got a DX of "PTSD, Chronic, Severe". The VARO ignored that DX and went with a DX made 40 years ago of schizophrenia by a VA doctor who could not tie his shoes. Can a DX made by a Vet Center counselor stand up to a DX made by some MD at a C&P exam? The VA insisted on sticking with the schizophrenia DX so my civilian doctor just said my schizophrenia was much worse and I got IU. I did not want to get into a pissing fight over DX with these VA institutional types. If you were discharged from service 40 years ago for a MH problem it would not be PTSD.