VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Er Visit

Rate this topic

I had a similar experience too a few months back. Called fee basis service @ VAMC told them the problem and I was 20 min away from local hospital, and 3 hrs away from them and they authorized the er visit and to pay...still fighting with the idiots, as the hospital sent the bill to another state fee base personnel and they denied. Not only did I give the ER the persons name but his number to call that it was authorized. IDIOTS!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA should probably pay but they are really s l o w. VA will never be the 2nd payor. They either pay the full bill(at their rate) or they pay nothing. Because the VA is so slow hospitals will routinely bill your insurance and then bill you the copay. If that happens you need the hospital to either absorb/waive the copay or return the payment to the insurance company. VA will never pay the copay.

pr

If the VA did the radiation, you could claim this as a disability secondary to the SC cancer disability.

Or you could claim the treatment 'aggravated' the cancer disability.

Or you could claim the resulting residuals of the radiation treatment under Section 1151, 38 USC.

The BVA denied this vet's request for higher than 30% for radiation proctitis but there is rating info in this decision:

http://www.va.gov/vetapp10/Files4/1030324.txt

Personally , if it were me I would file all 3 of above claims.A veteran (or surviving spouse)can raise as many potential reasons they want to attain SC.

This is a successful Section 1151 claim for radiation proctitis.

http://www.va.gov/vetapp97/files3/9724861.txt